cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data only customer - Email option for verification code gone.

Journeyman

Data only customer - Email option for verification code gone.

I am a data only customer with a Sprint provided mobile hotspot.  Previously when I wanted to update or just check my profile information, the My Sprint website would have an option for the verification code to my email.  Now it no longer gives that option.  The only option is to send the code to the "phone number" associated with the Sprint Magic Box that I have (in order to improve reception for the hotspot).  That is obviously never going to work. 

When I called Sprint, it took quite an effort on my part to get the representative to understand that I wasn't trying to bypass the two factor authentication, just trying to get it where I could actually receive the code.  Then the first answer that they gave was for me to drive to the nearest Sprint store, provide two forms of identification, and update any changes to my profile there!  In my opinion that is a completely ridiculous suggestion.

They are "looking into the problem" now, and said that they will give me a call back tomorrow at 5 pm.  I am not holding my breath waiting for a solution.

I was going to upgrade my hotspot to a newer model.  But, if Sprint can not Or will not re-enable the sending of the code to my email, I am just going to limp alone with my current one until the end of my current contract with Sprint.  Then I will switch to a different carrier for a data only plan.

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Data only customer - Email option for verification code gone.

HI Amanda,

Are you able to log on to your Sprint account (how you pay your bill)?

Journeyman

Yes, that isn't the problem at all.

It just associated with the verification code that is sent anytime that I try to go into my profile.  

Journeyman

I was asking because you should be able to log in and upgrade your hotspot there. 

Journeyman

But the mailing address that is in my profile needs correcting.  Right now I can't do that.

Journeyman

I am going to send you a private message, so I may access your account. 

Journeyman

An over the phone customer service technician was finally able to find a way to help me.  I can now access my profile.

Thank you to everybody who tried to help.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat