cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dictation typing to Sprint website wonky.

Journeyman

Dictation typing to Sprint website wonky.

I have fat fingers so I always miss the right key.  So I talk type pretty much anything that's more than a hundred characters.  

As long as you keep talk typing you could see everything fine.  But as soon as you try to correct a mistake by touching the screen,. When you have as long as diatribes as I do,. It goes immediately to the top and you have to scroll down.  

I don't know if that's a problem with the Sprint website the Motorola phone or the Android operating system.  one thing I would cure it would be visible arrow keys without having to take four steps just to bring up the up down left and right.

5 REPLIES 5
GrandMaster

Re: Dictation typing to Sprint website wonky.

if youre posting from a android or apple device then whatever keyboard pops up is from the device not the site..so any arrow direction keys would need to come from the keyboard itself that is being used on the device.. you can download a different keyboard if the options to change it are not in settings

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Sprint’s website’s problem is that touching the screen anywhere near a long scrolling text, near the bottom  to edit locally automatically pushes you to the top of the long scroll. and you have to mutlitap swipe to get beack to the bottom and you’ll pass it up.

I mention the arrow keys because that might be a way to do a workaround that would help me if Sprint doesn’t fix their cursor scrolling problem

Highlighted
GrandMaster

personally i would stick to trying to use a keyboard with arrows. i try to avoid posting in here with any mobile device.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Without reinventing the wheel, if the only thing I’m really missing is arrow keys, would a Nunchck-like device with a thumbpad and a couple buttons for cut copy paste, select/deselect, etc... be programmed to be the arrow keys, though invisible, aleways there?

Becxuase I make too many mistakes typing, and there is a decent number of mis-hearings by Google, and when network is low, Google fails to work  And I usually like to finidsh my thouight before ending talk-typing.

I need a camera zoom control that frees a hand anyway, so why not?

Journeyman

If you are on Android and want a large selection and even complete keyboard customization then look into the Swiftkey app. Also check out Zedge for images and ring tones and notifications. They have a WHOLE LOT for free, you don't have to pay Zedge anything and Swiftkey is also free. Swiftkey has no adds either.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat