cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I register a complaint with customer service I received?

Highlighted
Journeyman

How do I register a complaint with customer service I received?

I imagine I am not the only person who logged on to their account this week only to see (and be able to access) another customer's devices -- this happened to me twice, as a matter of fact.  The customer service I received regarding this issue was absolutely awful.  I have been a customer for over 15 years and the service was bad enough -- not just unhelpful but rude -- that I am researching the possibility of a new carrier.  I would like to try one last time to get someone at Sprint to take my complaint seriously -- I really do wonder if some of the managers know how bad the customer service is?  Or maybe they know but truthfully don't care.  I am going to both write a letter of complaint (I found the corporate address) but am also wondering if there is an email address available where I could send my complaint where it might actually be escalated to the correct department?

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: How do I register a complaint with customer service I received?

Hi There,

You contacted customer service because of the data breech, correct? 

You are wanting to file a complaint about the breech or about the customer service person you spoke with? 

Journeyman

Well, both, I guess.  But at this point I'm more upset about the customer service I received.  I actually had a customer service representative hang up on me after I became upset that their solution to me seeing others' information was to "call me back in 24-48 hours" (this came at a moment when I literally could see two separate customers' devices and phone numbers on the browsers of both my laptop and my phone).  And of course, no one ever got back in touch with me.  It's beyond infuriating.

Journeyman

We do know about the security breech and it has been resolved and customers affected have been contacted. 

We apologize that know one has gotten back to you. Were you originally calling wanting to know if your data could be seen by others? or to alert us? 

Journeyman

I was on my laptop and got online with a web support agent to alert you that I was seeing another cusotmer's data.  At that point the agent was not aware that it was a widespread problem.  The agent had me log in with my phone and I was able to see a second customer's data.  At that point the agent said someone from tech support would call me.  When that person found out what the problem was, they transferred me to a different agent.  It was that agent who hung up on me.  

This really isn't acceptable customer service!!  Granted, I was not exactly happy when I was speaking to that agent, but I think considering the circumstances -- I was well aware that if I was seeing other customers' data, they could very well have been seeing mine -- telling me that they would be back in contact with me in 24-48 hours wasn't really a solution.  And I cannot imagine when it is EVER okay to hang up on a customer.  I wasn't cursing, I wasn't calling them names -- I was VERY upset about my data and privacy possibly being breached.  And then to have no-one reach out to me after all of this has pretty much closed the deal for me.  I don't really know why at this point I would stay a customer.  It's the breach on top of the lack of customer service that makes me question why I would continue to stay on with Sprint. 

Journeyman

so, back to my original question -- is there an email I can address my complaint to?

Journeyman

I understand. There is not an email address. The process with complaints is that I would gather some account info in a private message, look through your call history and see who you spoke with and contact their supervisor. 

Journeyman

Thank you.  I would really appreciate knowing that the supervisor of the person I spoke with knows how this employee dealt with me and the situation.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat