cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am not the account owner of my own account??!!

Journeyman

I am not the account owner of my own account??!!

I am having issues logging into sprint, I can pay my bill but that is about it. I am trying to upgrade my phone but  getting the message to contact the account owner to upgrade my permissions...:?Uh, I am the account owner!!

Anyone have an issue like this? 

5 REPLIES 5
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: I am not the account owner of my own account??!!

Are you able to log into your account, with a username and password?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Yes I can login with my username And password, and I can pay the bill online but nothing else. I can’t upgrade or make any changes to my account, it gives me the message to “contact the account account owner  to upgrade permissions”. 

Thank you for the information. I'm going to send you a private message to get some account information. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Journeyman

I fixed this issue myself - none of the advice from support helped, it was all useful info, but it was all steps I had already tried on my own. The only way I found to fix this was I deleted my sprint account off my profile, then signed up on Sprint with new username, using a diff email address. Once I added my phone # to my new username, it had all my account info as if the 2 profiles were somehow merged. It even had my previous email address and the new one. Only thing i can’t edit is I can’t get my old username back. No biggie! Now my issue is fixed and I am able to upgrade online. Guess I took the long way to fix it myself, but hey at least it works now 😊. 

Thank you for letting us know. Based on the process you took to fix it, it makes me wonder if the account was the subscriber's version of the account and not the main account holder version. We used to have it set up where the account holder had a different view than the subscribers. The subscribers are the others that have phone lines on the account, but don't get to make financial decisions. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat