cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm no longer the owner of my own account??

Go to solution
Journeyman

I'm no longer the owner of my own account??

As many others have said, I couldn't log into my account for nearly 2 weeks. Finally I was able to reset my password and log in, but now my account says I'm not authorized to buy anything or make changes to my plan. It says I need to contact the account owner. I am the account owner!

I tried the live chat, but they said they couldn't help me and directed me to call customer service. I called customer service, and they said they didn't know what was wrong and told me to try creating a new account. The site won't let me create a new account because everytime I enter my phone number it tells me I already have an account. When I told them this wasn't working, they disconnected my call.

I have been a Sprint customer for 17 years. This is completely unacceptable. Not only is the site obviously broken, but no one in customer service has been trained to help. You are already losing money because we are not able to shop on the site, and soon you will start losing customers also.

8 REPLIES 8
GrandMaster

Re: I'm no longer the owner of my own account??

there have been some hiccups here and there with customers but no..the site is not broken..i can look through mine just fine. the call in agents are not the same crew as the site agents here..their job has zip to do with the site itself..one of the agents in here can work with you on this one though to try and get it figured out.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Then shouldn't the call in agents be able to connect me to the people who are able to fix my problem? Isn't this the whole purpose of customer service?

GrandMaster

there isnt a call in number for the site agents, moderators or admins ..you are in here now posting which is where they answer. when you look into the account who is it showing as the primary account holder?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

It shows me as the primary account holder (I'm the only account holder), but when I try to click on anything outside of that My Account area, it says I'm not authorized and I need to contact the account owner.

GrandMaster

when you did the reset did you by chance change up your screen name as well? i know when i did it originally for the previous site i had 2 different sign in names. i had to actually remember what the previous one was when i did the reset to this site. you might have to reset your info again and make a second attempt but im putting a feeler out right now to see if there are any other things to attempt first before doing this.
Journeyman

Nope. I'm certain it's the same screenname. As I said, I've been a customer for 17 years.

Journeyman

Called customer service again and got someone who actually knew what they were doing. In case anyone else is having the same problem, here's the fix:

The new security measures implemented on Sprint.com after the holidays required users to change their password, but (for some unknown reason) didn't tell them this. So if you entered your old password too many times, a block has been put on your account. Not just for 20 minutes, as the site tells you, but permanently.

To remove the block you need to call the Fraud Department (or ask to be connected through customer service) and verify your identity. Or you can visit a Sprint store and show them a picture ID. After verifying your identity, the block will be removed within 24 hours.

Community Manager

@fireguy_6364 wrote:
there isnt a call in number for the site agents, moderators or admins ..you are in here now posting which is where they answer. when you look into the account who is it showing as the primary account holder?

Just as an FYI, @fireguy_6364, I would not be able to fix a login issue ith a Sprint.com account, though I could have escalated, had @atcolvin not been able to solve the problem.

I'm sorry for the trouble, @atcolvin but I'm glad you were able to get logged in.  As a security measure, nearly every customer was forced, as you say, to change his or her password.  There are also several different account screens and activities which will require a two-step verification process, in which you'll need to be able to receive and enter an SMS code in order to proceed.  It's all part of fraud prevention, which isn't fun but does make us a bit more safe.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat