I am attempting to block data on two of the phones on my account, which I've done many times in the past. However, when I try to do it now (using Chrome and the MySprint app on my phone) I receive an error message loosely stating the change could not be completed on the device. I need to be able to do this easily and on demand. Can you assist with getting this done today and explain if there is an issue with the feature and/or a fix in the works? Thank you.
Hey, that's weird but nevertheless I've got you. I can help with the blocking of the Data however, I'll have to verify account info from you. Send us a Private Message so that we can get right to it.
Same problem. Everyone is getting an error and we want to be able to block data ourselves and not have to rely on reaching a Sprint customer care at all hours of the night when our kids are using the hotspots and data on their phones.
Please don't post the instructions when the site has not been allowing this since 2017.
Please help us change the restriction that is being imposed on us from inside your company. Nikeshia, you can make a difference by being a change agent in your organization and really doing what you can to find out why we are being prevented from doing this.
Talk to the other people you work with, coworkers supervisors, anyone you can, to make people understand we are not being listened to,
Hey. We completely understand and can open a ticket to report this. Remember, account impacting changes such as plan changes require Account Owner or Owner Authorized registration, so you have to ensure that you're logged in as the account owner. What specific error message displays when attempting this?
Well, with all respect there have been many tickets issued and it has not been resolved in 3 years. Please see this thread for reference:
In that thread you will see others have confirmed they are account owners and it does not work. I have confirmed I am an account owner and get the following error when trying to block data for any one of the phones on my account (of which I confirmed am the owner):
"Oops! We're sorry. We couldn't block all of the phones you selected. Please review your selections and try saving again."
Also, a pop-up shows over the phone selected which reads "Oops! We are unable to make this change. Please contact Customer Care for assistance."
The specific error when trying on desktop:
Oh no, so you've had tickets made for this with no outcome? Were you given ticket confirmation numbers? Please let me know so I can check that out for you. Once a ticket is made you should have gotten feedback.
I'm expecting a call back from Customer Care today. I'm not sure they created a ticket, but promised to follow-up with me until the issue is resolved. I will get the ticket and post it.
But why do the posts exists from 2017 and still the problem exists and the responses are the same?
We don't remove the posts unless it violates our Community rules and you may find us asking some of the same stuff to other customers because it's not always the exact scenario. Sometimes it's a simple fix and others may need to be reported. I'm happy to know that you're getting assistance with another Care Team though. Keep us posted.
Ayana, I'm not asking why the posts haven't been removed and I'm glad the posts are still there. It helps us all to see the problem is wide-spread.
I also understand each user's scenario is different but the posts show that the same problem has existed for many users since 2017 and has not been resolved, regardless of the fact each has different situations.
If it gets resolved for me and not others than I stand corrected. But I was told by the Sprint rep that this was a site-wide issue. I don't see any users posting that the problem was resolved for them.
I'll be sure to post here any updates.