cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated password resets? Never receive your code? Please post here!

Journeyman

Re: Repeated password resets? Never receive your code? Please post here!

I also have been asked for my Zip, SSN, and PIN, and then need to have a code emailed to me, every time I access the Sprint site.  The browser window title says "Password Reset" though it never asks me to reset my password.

Chat appears to be unavailable, the "Let us call you" function gives me "Oops! Something isn’t right on our end. Please give us a call".  After 5 minutes navigating many menus, I got "me had a problem, call back later"  Click.  So this appears to be my last hope.

Journeyman

I've tried posting twice but don't see either - apologies if this is repeating

I have the same problem with a new account.  Eveytime I log into my account, after entering username and password, I'm prompted for zip code, SSN, PIN, and then need to send a code to my email, which I then need to enter to log in.  Am I going to have to do this forever?  I've logged in from multiple machines using multiple browsers.

Master

rdspear, sounds like something we need to look into. The email that the website is sending you, is it a verification code or a link to set up a new password?

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

I'm being asked to reset my password every time I try to login to my account, even when logging in with the correct password. I have to be sent a code via SMS or email every time. How do I fix this?

Journeyman

Is anyone from Sprint going to respond to my question. Its been over a month now and I have yet to be helped.

Sprint Social Care

Hello leachmanrickey.

Sorry for the delay in response. We would like to review your account and see if there is something preventing you from receiving Text messages. We sent you a Private Message, please reply to it at your earliest convenience.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I've been waiting 3 weeks for a reply...

Journeyman

Hello,

I have a looping screen problem when I try to login to "MySprint" account, since the 1st day.  Now, it has been almost 1 wk...the same looping screen is still going on.  (BTW, out from 4 main links, only the "Payments" link is working...excellent job (to get everyone's payments) !!!

The worst is, when I try to reset my password, the "2-Step Verification" that it CANNOT send the "Codes" via the SMS to my mobile no (which is on Sprint's system)...!!!

What should I do...to get into "My Sprint" ?

Journeyman

Why do you call it a two method verification?  It is a tertiary method.  It isn't 3, you say?

Well, there already is a unique username and password verification, that is one.

And there is the 6 digit pin number that is unique to me, that is two.

And now there is a 5 digit number required, every time you log in.  That is three.

What is the purpose of the three step verification?  What does it do that the pin doesn't?

Community Manager

There are only two steps required for typical log in to your My Sprint.com account: Username/password and then the SMS code, @MdMdx

You should only be asked for your PIN and/or last four digits of your SSN if you are resetting your Sprint.com password.  If you're being prompted to provide these at every login, you may need to have a ticket created.  Please let us know.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Highlighted
Journeyman

@seawolf I need a ticket created. I've been having this problem for months and haven't gotten a response in weeks.

Journeyman

I referred to the screen prompt...2-Step Verification.

Yes, I do agree w/ you...

Personally, Sprint should deploy the Retina or Eye scanning for their security screening.  However, let fix the login looping & make the username retrieving or fixing the incompleted/corrupted username records first.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat