cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated password resets? Never receive your code? Please post here!

Community Manager

Repeated password resets? Never receive your code? Please post here!

Update: Sprint has updated Sprint.com account password requirements.  You may be prompted to reset your password when you login, even if you have reset it within the last 6 months.   The new Sprint.com password requirements are:

1. Minimum 8 characters
  2. Maximum 33 characters
  3. Must include at least one of each:
  4. Capital letter
  5. Number
  6. Special character
  7. You cannot reuse a previous password.

Sprint.com Login Process

In order to protect our customer's information online, Sprint has implemented some new login procedures for My Sprint accounts.  I'm going to post a mini FAQ here that explains what is normal and what might be a problem which we will want to look into.  If you're coming to the thread for the first time, please read each question and answer before posting.

I was asked to change my password.  Is this normal?
If you have not changed your password or logged in to your account for a long time (typically months), you will be required to change your password.  You'll be required to verify that you are an account holder by inputting an SMS code and answering some security questions, after which you should be able to choose a new password.  In very rare cases, you may be asked to visit a store with two forms of I.D. in order to reset your password.

I am being asked to change my password every time I log in.  Is this normal?

You should only have to change your password one time.  If you're asked to change it every time you log in, we need to know about that.  Please post here if you would like assistance with this issue and we will contact you.

I am being asked to verify a code sent through SMS l when I access or make changes to my My Sprint account (2 factor authentication). Is this normal?

Customers may be prompted to complete 2 factor authentication through SMS when logging in, viewing the website or performing activities in their My Sprint accounts.  This is normal and has been implemented to help prevent fraud.  

I used to be be able to receive the verification code by Email.  Why can't I do that anymore?

Due to some security concerns, the option to receive the verification code by email has been temporarily disabled.  We'll re enable it as soon as we are able to alleviate those concerns.

We apologize for the inconvenience of the 2 factor authentication system.  A different method of verification may be released in the future but for now, you may be prompted to verify, sometimes more than once in a session.

Please post in this thread if you are experiencing any of the following problems:

-  Repeated password resets: If you're being forced to reset your password every time you login, the web team would like your information to look into the issue.

- Unable to reset password.  If you are not receiving the code or email or have another issue which is preventing you from resetting your password, please post here.  Exception: if you are asked to visit a store and present I.D., this situation is not a system issue.  Though rare, some customers may need to complete this step.  You should only have to do this one time.

- You never receive a verification code through SMS or email:  If you never get the SMS or email, we will want to verify that we have the correct information on file for you and that you are able to receive the messages we send,  If you requested the information via email, please check your spam folder.  Sometimes Sprint emails can be routed there by mistake.

__________________________________________________________________________________

In order to help those customers who are having verified issues accessing thier accounts, we ask you respond here only if you are having one of the problems listed above.  If you are sharing feedback about the 2 step verification experience, the Community Managers and Moderators may merge those threads and comments with other existing threads on the same topic.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

108 REPLIES 108
Journeyman

Re: Repeated password resets? Never receive your code? Please post here!

hello

every time i try to log in, it has me send the code to my phone, which i receive and then enter in

however, after that it takes me back to the front page, and i'm still not logged in, or else it says "let's find what you're looking for" and "unavailable"

it's been doing this for several days, i cannot check my bill

please tell me how to fix this

Journeyman

additional information:

i have tried logging in through the chrome browser on my phone, the chrome browser on my laptop using wifi, and also through the firefox browser on my laptop. it won't work on any of them. sometimes after i enter the text message code, it takes me to a 503 error page saying the website is unavailable.

Sprint Social Care

jfuimaono,

Hey there! I would like to work with you and help you resolve this inconvenience with the website. I've sent you a private message, please check your inbox.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hello,

Every time I try to login to my online account I am asked to reset me password. Second I never receive a verification code through SMS even when I select "Send code Via SMS".

Journeyman

I'm having the same issue. Every time I try to access the website to look at my bill (I have to print them off to submit to my company for reimbursement), it wants to send me a code via text. I'm OK with that, but it's EVERY TIME.  And then I try to log in and it says it's logging me in, it appears that it has logged me in, but then when I click on to View Bill, I'm right back at the login page. I've reset my password, I've done everything it has asked, and I STILL can't get in.     I need to get in. I also want to avoid having to deal with this in the future by maybe just having my bill emailed to me each month, even though I'm on Auto Pay, is this possible? Help!!

Sprint Social Care

Hello abvtirish, currently the option to send the actual bill is not available. We send you notifications when is ready for you to view it online. I know that you're experiencing this issue and that makes you want to have that option. Currently, we have an issue where customers are intermittently unable to login to mysprint/sprint.com. If you're able to log in at this time, please send me a Private Message by clicking my name and selecting "send a message". Otherwise, our fix agents are working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Ok
Journeyman

I receive the following message when i login but i never got the passcode. Please help

We've upgraded our security

Step 2: The code will come in an email. Check your email and enter the code in the field below
Sprint Social Care

By any chance, did you check the spam folder of your email?

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I continue to have issues with one account,  the folks on this site told me I needed to call a specific number bc of the type of account (Employee); so I did and they logged a ticket and said someone would contact me in 48 hours,  never received any calls.

Why can't some folks that run community gain the proper access to help ALL accounts?  This is frustrating and has been going on for over 3 months.  I've tried everything and checked everything, so please don't send me emails back asking ' did you check your spam folder' or 'are your 3rd party controls set this way'.  I've tried every browser and same result.  It's a flaw in your site code - I never get the SMS Code, I always get the reset password screen, then a 3 step verification that never works.  Please, FIX your site.  There is no reason to have multi-step verification presented at every login.  Email verification works just fine.

Journeyman

I also have been asked for my Zip, SSN, and PIN, and then need to have a code emailed to me, every time I access the Sprint site.  The browser window title says "Password Reset" though it never asks me to reset my password.

Chat appears to be unavailable, the "Let us call you" function gives me "Oops! Something isn’t right on our end. Please give us a call".  After 5 minutes navigating many menus, I got "me had a problem, call back later"  Click.  So this appears to be my last hope.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat