Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated password resets? Never receive your code? Please post here!

Community Manager

Repeated password resets? Never receive your code? Please post here!

Update: Sprint has updated Sprint.com account password requirements.  You may be prompted to reset your password when you login, even if you have reset it within the last 6 months.   The new Sprint.com password requirements are:

1. Minimum 8 characters
  2. Maximum 33 characters
  3. Must include at least one of each:
  4. Capital letter
  5. Number
  6. Special character
  7. You cannot reuse a previous password.

Sprint.com Login Process

In order to protect our customer's information online, Sprint has implemented some new login procedures for My Sprint accounts.  I'm going to post a mini FAQ here that explains what is normal and what might be a problem which we will want to look into.  If you're coming to the thread for the first time, please read each question and answer before posting.

I was asked to change my password.  Is this normal?
If you have not changed your password or logged in to your account for a long time (typically months), you will be required to change your password.  You'll be required to verify that you are an account holder by inputting an SMS code and answering some security questions, after which you should be able to choose a new password.  In very rare cases, you may be asked to visit a store with two forms of I.D. in order to reset your password.

I am being asked to change my password every time I log in.  Is this normal?

You should only have to change your password one time.  If you're asked to change it every time you log in, we need to know about that.  Please post here if you would like assistance with this issue and we will contact you.

I am being asked to verify a code sent through SMS l when I access or make changes to my My Sprint account (2 factor authentication). Is this normal?

Customers may be prompted to complete 2 factor authentication through SMS when logging in, viewing the website or performing activities in their My Sprint accounts.  This is normal and has been implemented to help prevent fraud.  

I used to be be able to receive the verification code by Email.  Why can't I do that anymore?

Due to some security concerns, the option to receive the verification code by email has been temporarily disabled.  We'll re enable it as soon as we are able to alleviate those concerns.

We apologize for the inconvenience of the 2 factor authentication system.  A different method of verification may be released in the future but for now, you may be prompted to verify, sometimes more than once in a session.

Please post in this thread if you are experiencing any of the following problems:

-  Repeated password resets: If you're being forced to reset your password every time you login, the web team would like your information to look into the issue.

- Unable to reset password.  If you are not receiving the code or email or have another issue which is preventing you from resetting your password, please post here.  Exception: if you are asked to visit a store and present I.D., this situation is not a system issue.  Though rare, some customers may need to complete this step.  You should only have to do this one time.

- You never receive a verification code through SMS or email:  If you never get the SMS or email, we will want to verify that we have the correct information on file for you and that you are able to receive the messages we send,  If you requested the information via email, please check your spam folder.  Sometimes Sprint emails can be routed there by mistake.

__________________________________________________________________________________

In order to help those customers who are having verified issues accessing thier accounts, we ask you respond here only if you are having one of the problems listed above.  If you are sharing feedback about the 2 step verification experience, the Community Managers and Moderators may merge those threads and comments with other existing threads on the same topic.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

108 REPLIES 108

Hello joeyjacco, we just send you a private message. Please reply back as soon as you can.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Every time I try to log in it asks to send me a code. I never receive a code. This is very annoying 

DEQUINTI2020, sorry about that, lets find out what's going on with your account, please respond to my private message.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

Every month, I'm asked (told. I don't have a chose) to reset my password.

Maybe I should go back to paper bill and mail the check every month. Less hastle.

startrek828, I would love to look into this in further detail! I sent you a private message, please reply to it when you have a chance.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

I have the same problem . I never receive the code .  

Journeyman

HELP Sprint! I never receive a verification code through SMS.  I know my password but it is apparently not strong enough. I am prompted to send SMS message (only option) to the only cell phone I have with you, and I never receive the code.

Journeyman

Im having the same problem for months now!   The scary part is - if they can't figure that out- how are we supposed to continue to trust Sprint? If someone picks up my phone all he has to do is try to log in to Sprint, receive the text on the email ON THE PHONE, then enter the text and change my password!! You wont even be able to log in to fix it!

Hello Kittypants, please allow us to take a look into this. Check your inbox and reply to the private message that I just sent you.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I am trying to log into my account and I can't get pass step 2 because I do not recieve the SMS code.  I have tried logging in on my phone and computer through the Sprint app, google chome and windows explorer and I still do not receive the text.  I also click the resend button and still nothing happens. Please help.

Journeyman

Same problem as everyone else, I believe. I am unable to receive the Reset Password code in my e-mail no matter how many times I click on the "Resend Code" button. 

Thank you, in advance, for your help. 

Journeyman

Every time I log in to sprint.com I am asked to enter a verification code that is texted to my phone as well as reset my password.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat