cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SWAC/Emp. account] Unable to chat and unable to perform account changes due to error

Go to solution
Journeyman

[SWAC/Emp. account] Unable to chat and unable to perform account changes due to error

As my username says, this has been nothing but a pain.

I've gone through countless of phone calls to Sprint support (Including Premier Care for SWAC/Emp accounts) and have gotten nowhere. Most recently I had a representative submit a technical support ticket on their end for the following issue but never received a call back and was then told no such ticket was submitted.

For the last 10 months or so, I have been unable to access the 'Shop' or 'Upgrade' page, no prices will populate for the phones then I receive an error at the top of the page stating "Looks like you have a plan change pending on your account. Please come back after your plan change has taken effect to add a line.". Sprint support had confirmed with me during my last call that NO plan change was pending and that I was in fact on the newest available plan for SWAC accounts. 

I'm tired, I just want to be able to access the site and perform my upgrades/billing without having to call a rep at Sprint and take up their time on nonsense. Some might ask why I don't just go to the store and get what I need taken care of? My schedule does not allow me to do this and on my free time I do not want to just spend an hour or so at a store but from the comfort of my own home. Please help?

8 REPLIES 8

Re: [SWAC/Emp. account] Unable to chat and unable to perform account changes due to error

Hi Pain! I understand the frustration, but we're not able to access SWAC/Employee accounts here in the Social Care team.  We do this as a security measure, and the dedicated employee care team are the only ones that are going to be able to assist remotely.

If you didn't have any luck calling into the dedicated employee plan care line, you are going to need to go into a retail location that is able to access those account types.  

Re: [SWAC/Emp. account] Unable to chat and unable to perform account changes due to error

I have this same problem, but I’m not a Sprint employee. Like @Pain said, I don’t have time to go to a Sprint store, since it always takes a long time. Is there some way for Sprint to fix this error on an account without having to go into the store in person? Not sure why someone in a franchised store would able to change my account but not Sprint Corporate when I contact support. I’ve chatted with a support agent and a sales agent, and talked to a sales agent and a technician, who said there is no error on my account (which isn’t true). 

Hey Sprintcustomer16! Are you on a SWAC, Employee or Advantage Club account? Some authorized retailers are able to access those account types. 

As i advised Pain, regular customer care and social care(which is what the SMARTeam is part of) does not have access to SWAC/Employee/Advantage Club accounts.  You'll need to contact the employee account care team by phone or make the time to go in-store to a Corporate Owned location or an Authorized Retailer who has access to SWAC/Employee/Advantage Club accounts. The store locator on Sprint.com will tell you which locations are able to service those account types, and if time is a concern, you're able to set an appointment online. 

The other user clearly stated they do NOT have an employee account.

To go back to your response to my original post, I already had a conversation with Premier Care who stated THERE WAS NO PENDING CHANGE on my account, so why am I getting this error?

They said they weren't an employee, but this that doesn't mean they're not on an Advantage Club or SWAC account.  

Without being able to access your account, we're not able to determine the cause of the error.  With your account type, you need to contact Premier Care or make an appointment with a retail store that is able to access those account types. 

I’m not sure what those account types mean. I’m just a normal customer. I contacted Sprint and the technician confirmed that there is no error on my account, but when I try to order something, there is still an error. How do I get my account fixed so that it no longer says there’s an error on my account so I can order stuff online?

Can you please send us a Private Message so we can securely take a look at the account?

when someone pops in and state that they have the same problem as the OP...and the OP is having issues with their SWAC/Emp. account that tends to make one think they are ALSO either a employee OR on an employees account.

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Employee-Programs-Knowledgebase/SOLUTION-I-m-on-SERO-can-I-be-conver...

main part to look at in there is this.

Question

I'm on an old SERO plan.  I know that plan is expired but you now have the SWAC plan and I have heard that some SERO customers are getting converted to SWAC.  Can I do that too?

Answer 

If you are an existing customer on a SERO plan and interested in switching to a new plan, please dial *2 from your Sprint phone. An Employee Accounts team member will review options for the best fit plan, including our new Advantage plans for friends and family members. SMARTeam members who respond to customers on these forums don't have access to SERO accounts, but the Employee Accounts Group (*2 on your Sprint phone) will be happy to assist you.

@Pain wrote:
The other user clearly stated they do NOT have an employee account.

To go back to your response to my original post, I already had a conversation with Premier Care who stated THERE WAS NO PENDING CHANGE on my account, so why am I getting this error?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat