cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security Concern - Sprint Stores Old Passwords Forever

Highlighted
Journeyman

Security Concern - Sprint Stores Old Passwords Forever

Is anyone else concerned that you can't use a password that has ever been used before, even if years ago? This means that Sprint stores your passwords forever. If they were ever hacked that's a lot worse than the situation with most banks, hospitals and other protected accounts that only hold on to the last 5 passwords.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
GrandMaster

this is the same way MANY companies do it..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

I'm surprised to hear that. I have logins to my 401(k) administrator, bank, credit union, American Express account, 2 health systems, IRS, etc. - and all of them permit use of passwords as long as they aren't in roughly the last 5 passwords.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

i have been with my company for the last 16 years and you can NOT use any password you have used within the last 5 changes...i literally have a list of PW i have used so i dont drive myself insane trying to remember what i have used or not used

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

Thanks for your reply. I too struggle with not using a previously used password. I'm not too challenged if I can't use the last 5. The Sprint situation makes life tough for me since I can't use anything I've ever used and I've been a customer for over 20 years. My password list could make for a book :).

Highlighted
GrandMaster

dont even get me started on all my outside vendor passwords i must memorize and then re create every year..at least on their end it cant be one that i have used in that last 3 years..so my autobiography of passwords is slightly less for those ones lol

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat