cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swapping devices without messing up my Unlimited Kickstart plan

Journeyman

Swapping devices without messing up my Unlimited Kickstart plan

I would like to swap my current phone with another "bring your own unlocked phone", but I'm afraid that if I do that then I will lose the Unlimited Kickstart plan that I'm on.   

32 REPLIES 32
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Swapping devices without messing up my Unlimited Kickstart plan

Good morning Paddington. If you want to swap your phone you can do so at sprint.com. It won't have any effect on your plan. The only way it would effect your plan is if you upgraded your phone on our lease program.

Here are the steps to swap your device online.

1. Go to sprint.com
  2. Click the My Sprint tab
  3. Then click activate/swap device.

After you will be directed to a login page. Login to your account and go from there.

KRow32Cheerleading Under Cover Cheerleader 
Don't worry, be happy!
Spread positivity in the community and while you are at it,
give me a kudo! Go Team!
Journeyman

@KRow32

Thank you so very much for responding!  I have one more question.  Will there be an activation fee or any sort of fee to swap phones?  

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

You should not experience any fees for swapping. I just caution you to ensure the phone is ready to go before trying to swap. Type the IMEI into the BYOD tool on sprint.com/bringyourphone, or send it to me in a private message. You want to get a reading that tells you it is loaded and ready to activate. Then process the swap.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

I have another question.  I would like to add a line to my Unlimited Kickstart plan, however, there's no option to add it to my current plan. There's just "Sprint Unlimited" $60.00 and "2GB" $40.00.

Do I have to call Sprint and ask them to add the line?

Wizard

Good morning. How many lines do you have on your account?

KRow32Cheerleading Under Cover Cheerleader 
Don't worry, be happy!
Spread positivity in the community and while you are at it,
give me a kudo! Go Team!
Journeyman

@KRow32

I've been approved for two lines.  

Wizard

Do you mean that you currently have 2 lines? Or did you get approved to add two additional lines to your account?

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

Phew, I've had a close call today of losing the Unlimited Kickstart plan that I'm currently on.  

I had just bought Amazon's Prime Moto G6, and, yesterday, I swapped my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge out for the Moto G6.  Today, I wanted to swap back to my S7 edge because Sprint's Wi-Fi calling is not on the Moto G6 as it is on my S7 edge, and this is where I was about to lose the Unlimited Kickstart plan.

I was performing the swap online under "Activate/swap device", and then I was informed that I had to pick a new plan and that I would not be able to change back to my old plan (Unlimited Kickstart) with my old device.  My heart sank, I thought to myself, "Oh no, I don't want to be stuck with the Moto G6."  Then, I noticed the chat icon and I clicked on that.  With great despair, I informed the chat rep agent of my predicament, and the rep assured me not to worry that I'll be able to swap back to my S7 edge without it changing my current plan which is Unlimited Kickstart.

I am very afraid now of swapping phones and losing the Unlimited Kickstart plan.

How do I swap phones without it changing my Unlimited Kickstart plan?

Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 3.48.34 PM.pngSwapping phone scare          

Journeyman

@QueenK. I was approved for a total of two lines. I have one line active now, and one line left.

I can see why you would be afraid to swap your device. Is the Galaxy S7 Edge paid off? Or is there still a lease on it?

AnnGee77
 Social Care Princess ?

?Lover of Everything Magical ?
Please give glitter coated Kudos and crown thee with Accepted Solutions.
Journeyman

@AnnGee77_Sprint

I have the factory unlocked by Samsung®, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (SM-G935U).  I bought the S7 Edge Special Edition in 2016; I paid Amazon $769.99 for it.  Then, I brought my S7 edge to Sprint as a "Bring your own device" to Sprint.  

"Unlocked" is printed on the box as well as "compatible with GSM networks AT&T and T-Mobile and CDMA networks Verizon, Sprint and US Cellular®."  

I don't know why Sprint claims I bought it from Sprint.

I also have the unlocked by Samsung® Note 8 Special Edition that I would like to bring to Sprint, but I don't want it messing up the Unlimited Kickstart plan.  

20180717_194315.jpgMy unlocked S7 edge

Screenshot_20180717-194932.jpgMy S7 edge version

20180717_201746.jpgUnlocked by Samsung® Note 8

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat