cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swapping devices without messing up my Unlimited Kickstart plan

Highlighted
Journeyman

Swapping devices without messing up my Unlimited Kickstart plan

I would like to swap my current phone with another "bring your own unlocked phone", but I'm afraid that if I do that then I will lose the Unlimited Kickstart plan that I'm on.   

35 REPLIES 35
Highlighted

Not on a Sprint Flex lease, just directly at Apple.

Highlighted

Let me look into this.  Can you send me a Private Message with your phone number?

I facing the same problem - my plan changed from kickstart unlimited to unlimited when I changed device yesterday. Both old and new device were my own, and not on lease. I chatted with Sprint customer service yesterday and they said they have put in request to revert it back (should happen today). I will update my experience on how it goes.

Highlighted

Let us know. If you don't hear back, we can always look into it. 

Highlighted

Thanks Katey88 at Sprint. I am still waiting on customer service to resolve this issue-

I did get a call back from Sprint which I missed. Upon calling back, I find out they have not left any note or useful information on this, nor have they reverted the plan to kickstart unlimited yet. First, they had given me an I#, now the customer service provided me with case# - this time it will take 3+ more days.

It is definitely a hassle to deal with, have not had an issue with changing one's own phone device with other carriers ever before.

Highlighted

Keep us in the loop on what you find out. Like Katey mentioned, we're glad to jump in and help if you don't hear anything back after their provided time frame. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Highlighted

Thanks Katy and OldGreg @ Sprint.

Sprint customer service reverted my plan to unlimited kickstart. I would say I feel good about Sprint's customer service after this experience.

Also, having Sprint representatives on this community forum hearing you out and offering help is very good - makes one feel that Sprint will take care of the issues that customers face.

Thank you all.

Highlighted

We're glad that your issue was able to get straightened out. Let us know if you have any issues down the road that we can assist with!

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Highlighted
Journeyman

Don't do it.  I called Sprint prior to purchasing 3 phones and was told it would not affect my plan if I bought the phones.  I went to Bestbuy and  riterated to them that I did not want my plan changed.  I purchased 3 new phones, they called Sprint because they couldn't get the phones unlocked.   They said they had to switch the plan to get it unlocked but on Monday (this was a Saturday) when a supervisor came in they would switch them back.   That didn't happen and I got a bill for $199 when I usually pay $79 a month.   I called Sprint and spoke to several people on Sept 3rd they saw the error and said they would swith it back.  That didn't happen I called again 2 weeks later after I got an email saying my next bill was $169.   The sprint reps all saw the error and assured me they would get my plan switched back just give them a few days.   Well it is now Sept 28th and after spending more of my time on the phone with Sprint my bill is still showing $169, and I haven't been credited for my almost 3 times the amount of my normal payment that I paid last month.  Now they are telling me the plan is expired and they put me on the most expensive plan they have.   No notification nothing!!!  

Highlighted

Did you ever get this resolved?  I am about to switch my phones to two new ones I purchased, unlocked, from Amazon.  I don't anticipate any problems, but this kind of stuff makes me nervous.  

Highlighted

Hi there! I get what you're saying, but you should not have a problem doing the swap.

You can do it online with no issue. Check Sprint/activate for instructions.

If you encounter one, just let us know so that we can hep you out. 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Thank you.  I will go ahead and try it online then.  I just don't want to lose my kickstarter plan 🙂

Thanks again.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat