cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble getting 2 factor authorization code

Highlighted
Journeyman

Trouble getting 2 factor authorization code

I have trouble getting the 2 factor verification code when I try to log into my on-line sprint account.

2 months ago I started a sprint account to provide a smart phone for my older sister.  She keeps the phone with her.  I never have it with me. 

When I try to log in to my sprint on-line account, it wants to send a text to her phone, which I do not have with me.  

Can Sprint send the authorization code to any other cell phone, or to the e-mail address on the account, or by voice to another phone? 

Every other company with 2 factor authorization seems to have multiple ways of receiving the authorization code.  Verizon, for example, will text, email, or send the code by voice, and allows me to select among more than one phone or e-mail address.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this predicament

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
GrandMaster

you started her her own account or was she added onto yours?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

I started the account.  It is in my name.  The email address on the account is mine, as is the snail mail  address is mine.  The bills are paid automatically on my credit card.

Highlighted

one of the agents will need to dig into it.. that was just one of the things they will be asking..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

Thanks.

I think it is weird that a "tech" company is so behind on offering a more user-friendly 2FA

Highlighted

Hi @jekarayan! We understand how useful having the voice option would be. While we don't have that option, you can still get the code in a text message sent to any active capable phone on the same account, or via email when there's only one device, but it's reported as broken. To confirm, do you only have one line on the account?

Carlos
Sprint Social Care

Yes.  There is only one phone on my sprint account. 

Highlighted

Understood @jekarayan. Only that phone can get the 2 factor text message unless that phone is reported as broken. The email option to receive the code will remain in effect for the remainder of the calendar day you report it broken. 

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Thanks.

Well, it is not broken, so I guess there is no alternative for me.

Would you mind passing along to whoever runs 2FA that the existing system might be less than optimal for some users. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat