cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Sprint.com My Account to retrieve Text Message History! (Sprint Employee Post)

Sprint Product Ambassador

Use Sprint.com My Account to retrieve Text Message History! (Sprint Employee Post)

Hey Everyone!

I recently received a message from a friend seeking how they can find their text message history on their Sprint.com account. It can be a complicated process, so I wanted to drop a quick post about it for anyone else potentially seeking the same info.  You must have an "account holder" provisioned login account on Sprint.com to access this content. If you do not, please speak with your account holder. 

First, a few disclaimers:  

1. You cannot access the content of the messages. You can only see the date/time, phone number, and direction of text message. 
  2. Text Message History is limited to 90 days
  3. Unbilled usage is not available. If a bill is not yet available for the period of time you're searching for, it is considered unbilled. You must wait until the bill posts to see the history.

How to access Text Messaging History on Sprint.com

1. Navigate to Sprint.com
  2. Click Sign In
  3. Once account loads, scroll down to “Your Bill” section
    • Your Bill.png
  4. Click “See My Bill”
  5. Once the next page loads, you will see your bill payment details, click “Calls/Texts”
    • Selection1.png
  6. On the next page that loads, it will default to the Voice history of that user
    • If you have multiple lines on an account, click the mobile number drop-down and choose the number you’re looking to see history for
    • Change the Voice dropdown to “Text”
    • Change the bill cycle date in the upper left to the time period needed (Unbilled usage not available for viewing)
    • The list will then show incoming/outgoing Text history (NOTE: It does not show details of the message, only the number to/from, date, and time)
    • selection2.png
  7. The list defaults to only 50 of the first incoming/outgoing text messages during the time period
  8. Scroll down to the end of the list and click “Load 50 more” to retrieve more results. This can be done multiple times to retrieve the entire month (It takes a long time if there are a lot of messages, trust me!). 
  9. Once you’re done retrieving up to the time period you want, click “Back to top”
    • Top.png
  10. Then, once you’re back at the top, click “Download Call Detail”
    • Detail.png
  11. This will download an Excel Sheet that you can then sort through at your convenience.
    • XLS.png
  12. Repeat for any months needed for the history (There is a 90 day limit on text message history, however).

If you want a more official way to do this, you can access this LINK to download and submit a request form. This can be used to obtain the information above; however, the steps are longer because you must get it notarized. Also, you must be the account holder to do this. 

I hope this helps! 

Shameless Plug:  I am a Sprint employee and Sprint Product Ambassador. I get to use many of the latest and greatest devices Sprint offers. I post blogs on these devices regularly, so please feel free to follow me throughout the Sprint Community if you are interested in learning about other devices Sprint offers.  I am currently writing blogs on the LG V20, so if you're interested, head over HERE to my latest blog! 

~Troy

Follow me on Twitter! @TroyGlidden or https://www.twitter.com/troyglidden

Troy Glidden

Service and Repair Process Improvement Manager
Portland, OR area

Follow me on Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/troyglidden 

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat