Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I upgrade online?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Why can't I upgrade online?

Why do I get this message when I try to shop for an upgrade?

We're sorry, we are unable to upgrade your device online. Please visit your local Sprint store or call us at 1-866-275-1411.

I don't want to call Sprint or go to a Sprint store, I just want to see my options for upgrading a phone.  I am not interested in switching plans or leasing phones or any of the other "offers" that will end up costing me more in the long run.  I don't want anyone trying to sell me on a certain phone or anything else that I am not interested in.  I just want to upgrade a phone that is currently eligible for upgrade and I want to see what new phones are available at what prices.  I guess it's going to be time to leave Sprint altogether if this is something that I will no longer be able to do online!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Fireguy is indeed correct, in certain cases, we may ask you to visit a store in order to complete a sale or upgrade.  This is for your safety, in order to be sure that we're protecting you from fraud.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
GrandMaster

it might be an identification thing. might have to confirm its you for some reason.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Community Manager

Fireguy is indeed correct, in certain cases, we may ask you to visit a store in order to complete a sale or upgrade.  This is for your safety, in order to be sure that we're protecting you from fraud.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

View solution in original post

Highlighted

I contacted sprint by calling the number.  I spoke with sales and then with customer service.  After verifying my identity with both, customer service told me they would put in a "ticket" for technical support to resolve my issue and that I would receive an email with my ticket number and then I would receive follow up from technical support.  That was 2 weeks ago and I haven't received anything from anyone at sprint.  I just tried again to see if I could shop for phones online - NO.  I can't.  I don't want to upgrade to a RENTAL, I prefer to buy it outright.  I am trying to upgrade my son's phone and he lives 2000 miles away from me.  I am not comfortable sending him to a sprint store as I don't know what they will try to sell him.  I am extremely frustrated with sprint and am going to start looking at other providers as I feel this is totally not right.

Highlighted

Thanks for your suggestion.  I thought it sounded reasonable so I was willing to give sprint the benefit of the doubt as I had been trying to logon and couldn't remember my logon info so it took me a couple of tries and I thought maybe I had triggered security protocols.  But I have since contact sprint via phone (btw, I also do not have a "chat" option when on the website) and verified my identity and the problem remains the same.  I appreciate your response.

Highlighted

Hey 00Caller00. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I apologize for the impasse this has caused you. I would gladly take a look at your account. We sent you a private message, please reply to it at your earliest convenience.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat