cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why can't I upgrade online?

Go to solution
Journeyman

Why can't I upgrade online?

Why do I get this message when I try to shop for an upgrade?

We're sorry, we are unable to upgrade your device online. Please visit your local Sprint store or call us at 1-866-275-1411.

I don't want to call Sprint or go to a Sprint store, I just want to see my options for upgrading a phone.  I am not interested in switching plans or leasing phones or any of the other "offers" that will end up costing me more in the long run.  I don't want anyone trying to sell me on a certain phone or anything else that I am not interested in.  I just want to upgrade a phone that is currently eligible for upgrade and I want to see what new phones are available at what prices.  I guess it's going to be time to leave Sprint altogether if this is something that I will no longer be able to do online!

5 REPLIES 5
GrandMaster

Re: Why can't I upgrade online?

it might be an identification thing. might have to confirm its you for some reason.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

Fireguy is indeed correct, in certain cases, we may ask you to visit a store in order to complete a sale or upgrade.  This is for your safety, in order to be sure that we're protecting you from fraud.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

I contacted sprint by calling the number.  I spoke with sales and then with customer service.  After verifying my identity with both, customer service told me they would put in a "ticket" for technical support to resolve my issue and that I would receive an email with my ticket number and then I would receive follow up from technical support.  That was 2 weeks ago and I haven't received anything from anyone at sprint.  I just tried again to see if I could shop for phones online - NO.  I can't.  I don't want to upgrade to a RENTAL, I prefer to buy it outright.  I am trying to upgrade my son's phone and he lives 2000 miles away from me.  I am not comfortable sending him to a sprint store as I don't know what they will try to sell him.  I am extremely frustrated with sprint and am going to start looking at other providers as I feel this is totally not right.

Journeyman

Thanks for your suggestion.  I thought it sounded reasonable so I was willing to give sprint the benefit of the doubt as I had been trying to logon and couldn't remember my logon info so it took me a couple of tries and I thought maybe I had triggered security protocols.  But I have since contact sprint via phone (btw, I also do not have a "chat" option when on the website) and verified my identity and the problem remains the same.  I appreciate your response.

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hey 00Caller00. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I apologize for the impasse this has caused you. I would gladly take a look at your account. We sent you a private message, please reply to it at your earliest convenience.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat