Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mint app

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

mint app

does anyone know what's going on with the mint app and sprint. I have contacted mint and they said that sprint is blocking their ip and when I contact sprint they seem to not even know what the mint app is let alone what im talking about. any help would be greatly appreciated

46 REPLIES 46
Highlighted
Community Manager

As previously stated, this would not be a Sprint issue.  Contact Mint:

I use Mint regularly and I am signed in without issue.  Granted, I've been on quarantine since March 12 and always connected to Wifi, so I just turned off Wifi and it logged right in.  My only guess is it's IPv4 vs IPv6.  Sprint is moving to IPv6 only and if the app does only IPv4, it's going to have some problems.  Like @fireguy_6364 mentioned earlier, that would require action from the developer.  You can submit feedback to them at feedback-mobile@mint.com

Highlighted
Journeyman

Speaking of IPv4, you used to be able to force a phone to use IPv4 only. Can you still do that? I really need that done on my new (old) phone...

Highlighted

I have contacted mint many times over this and they insist that it’s sprint that is blocking them

Highlighted
Journeyman

Em_Will_I_Am forced it to IPv4 on my two other phones... I really need it done on my new one though.

Highlighted

Sprint is not blocking Mint because I used it all the time on the many phones and tablets I test and my personal phone.  More than likely, it's the other way around, Mint do not like our IPs or it has not updated to IPv6.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Manager

@poorejj Done!

Highlighted

D8850750-68A4-4F8F-86B6-72B9C95E8DE0.png

 like I said sprint is blocking it

Highlighted

Screenshot_20200818-133929.png

Me on mint.intuit.com on my Sprint phone.  Look at the upper right, it says LTE.  No WIFI.  I would post a pic of me accessing the app, but you cannot screenshot the app.  Once again, it's more than likely your connection, as your pic states.  If Sprint were to block an app, you would not be able to access it from the app store.  Not to mention if we blocked the Intuit domain, no one would be able to do their taxes on Sprint.  No one could use Mint, Turbo Tax, SnapTax, Quick Books, Quicken, etc.  There was no outcry during tax season.

For those in the back:

Sprint is not blocking Mint because I used it all the time on the many phones and tablets I test and my personal phone.  More than likely, it's the other way around, Mint does not like our IPs or it has not updated to IPv6.

You can submit feedback to them at feedback-mobile@mint.com

Sprint is blocking the app from accessing my account. It can’t pull my bill from sprint

Highlighted

this has pretty much turned into a "kick the dead horse" tournament...i dont think he/she is either getting what you are saying or just doesnt want to

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Community Manager

All, I am going to mark @Em_Will_I_Am 's answer Accepted. I understand that reps at Mint are blaming Sprint.  I'm not sure folks here understand that @Em_Will_I_Am isn't a rep, he's deeply involved in many areas of device and network support.  If he says it's not us, it's not us.  I understand people do not like the answer, I understand that someone at Mint is claiming otherwise.  We can't control what happens with Mint but we can control what happens here.  This is the answer and not liking it doesn't make it untrue.

I'm locking this discussion because the thread has served its purpose and  the answer has been provided. Please do not create a new thread, duplicate threads are locked and people who consistently create duplicate threads are subject to banning. If you have questions about this decision (or my right to make it) please check the out the Guidelines. 

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat