“With the network investments we made in 2012 and as the only national wireless carrier to offer truly unlimited 4G LTE data plans, we continue to offer better value than our competitors. But our commitment to an exceptional wireless experience doesn’t stop there. We are an aggressive path to complete the rollout of Network Vision, and we expect to accelerate this momentum in 2013.”
Bob Azzi, senior vice president-Network, Sprint
We have been sharing updates throughout the year as we have introduced 4G LTE and brought 3G network upgrades. In 2012, Sprint has made a significant investment in our wireless network for our customers.
Here are a few quick facts:
• 49 markets covered to date with 4G LTE.
• In the coming months, nearly 150 more markets, including 36 announced today, will enjoy 4G LTE.
• Sprint also has implemented 3G service improvements in more than 70 markets, from Asheville, N.C., to Philadelphia and from Hudson, N.Y., to Santa Barbara, Calif.
With this network initiative, voice quality is enhanced and Sprint customers in upgraded areas are seeing better performance on their smartphones, mobile broadband connection cards and mobile hotspots when using the Sprint 4G LTE and 3G networks. Customers can expect to experience the following performance improvements:
• Faster data speeds that enable instant Web access for news updates, HD viewing and game-playing, quicker video downloads and clear video chats.
• Better signal strength when making a call or using the Web.
• Fewer dropped calls for peace of mind when talking to friends, family or colleagues.
• Improved voice quality and less static or background noise when making phone calls.
Sprint has launched 4G LTE in 49 markets, including Dallas, Houston, Atlanta and Baltimore. Sites are on-air and implementation is under way in hundreds more.
Markets slated to receive LTE in the coming months are:
Beaumont/Port Arthur, Texas
Durham/Chapel Hill, N.C.
Eau Claire, Wisc.
La Crosse, Wisc.
Little Rock/North Little Rock/Conway, Ark.
Mankato/North Mankato, Minn.
New Haven/Milford, Conn.
New Iberia, La.
North Wilkesboro, N.C.
Palm Coast, Fla.
Pine Bluff, Ark.
Ponca City, Okla.
San Jose/Sunnyvale/Santa Clara, Calif.
Santa Cruz/Watsonville, Calif.
St. Cloud, Minn.
For the most up-to-date details on Sprint’s 4G LTE portfolio and rollout, please visit www.sprint.com/4GLTE.
For detailed 4G LTE maps, providing coverage information right down to the address, please visit www.sprint.com/coverage. Customers are encouraged to check back often, as the maps will be updated when coverage in these markets is enhanced.