cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coverage map changed after we switched

Highlighted
Journeyman

Coverage map changed after we switched

We switched at the very end of January.  We were pleased to see that our are was covered BEST with Sprint Spark.  Our iPhones sit in 3G with poor data rates and sometimes we even see 1X.  Rarely do we see a glimpse of LTE.  The map I have attached is from January 1,2015.  It shows the entire area covered by Sprint Spark.  Now the coverage map has changed and is now fair. The main reason we switched was so our kids would have better data coverage at their high school.  TMO was lousy and it looked like the switch was a no brainer.  Now it appears it was a bad decision. 

We need better data coverage since we are locked into our phones for 2 years.  When will this happen?

Iphone 6's are all running 8.1.2 with Carrier 18.0

Our location is Slater at Bushard, 92708

4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: Coverage map changed after we switched

fvdave Thank you for reaching out to us about this matter. This is definitely not the type of service we want our customers to experience. We were able to mark the location and notify our network team of this matter. We appreciate your patience.

Mirleine
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I do have patience but your answer does not explain why the map changed.  My kids sometimes cannot even call each other across campus.  Are there 4g/LTE towers near my intersection?  If so, why are we always stuck in 3G most of the time? 

I would think Sprint would want to have great coverage in and around high schools and colleges.

Master

fvdave The closest tower near you with 4G/LTE is about 0.8 miles away from you on Talbert Avenue and Brookhurst St. The area has been marked and the network team has been notified of this matter. Have you tried disabling the LTE within the devices and see how it works with just the 3G?

Mirleine
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I did and here is the results of my speedtest.  Pretty bad.  I can't be anymore disappointed.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.