cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Dropout and No Network Issues - Zip 67207

Journeyman

Data Dropout and No Network Issues - Zip 67207

Any known issues in Wichita, KS - Especially zip code 67207 around Harry and Rock Rd. Phone is Galaxy S7 edge and I constantly go in and out of coverage even though my bars always show 3 or more in LTE. It's like the phone is lying to me, to get a text to send or an app to work I often have to toggle airplane mode or place a call. When I place a call the LTE disappears and then comes back after the call, seems a little sketch. I can't find the tower status map online anywhere to check those, maybe it's been discontinued.

Looking for a response from Sprint Client Care or Moderator with some answers.

29 REPLIES 29
GrandMaster

Re: Data Dropout and No Network Issues - Zip 67207

your data connection will drop while making a call...well for now it will until they kick out VoLTE (Voice over LTE). one of the agents in here will be able to check out the closest towers to that zip and cross streets though.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Social Care

Hey Note3-NowS7Edge, sorry for the delay responding to your post. We have reviewed the area. Our Network Team was doing some updates to the towers on Tuesday the 14th and that might be the reason why you were having issues. They finished doing the updates the same day, are you still having issues?

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Yes, for instance my phone just notified me that I received a VM from 15 minutes ago when it was sitting here on my desk apparantly out of network.

This is how it has continued for almost a month. I try to text, it just says sending... then I make a 2 second call to one of my office lines which I'm guessing forces my phone into a network and my text sends and 1 or 2 that I couldn't receive during whatever time span come through.

What bothers me about this is everytime I glance at my phone it shows me at least 3 bars of LTE I have no idea when I really don;t have a connection. 

GrandMaster

i have actually ran into this before while they were doing tower upgrades. in my case they were bringing in LTE Plus..i showed to have great signal but couldnt do anything with it..videos buffered etc..i had to switch to CDMA only in order to do anything until they were done with the upgrades. jump into your settings-mobile data and try switching to CDMA only to see if it helps at all. you wont be able to pull any LTE but it will force you into 3G only and hopefully pull your signal back..down side is once you leave the area you will need to switch back if this works for you.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Social Care

Please let us know if the workaround provided by Fireguy works.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'm a new/returning customer (left Sprint in 2010) but decided to give it a try again last month.  I'm EXTREMELY disappointed in network coverage/performance at my work location on South Oliver in Wichita.  The service/coverage map shows LTE Plus for this portion of town, but I routinely measure <1 mpbs performance on speedtest.net, both inside the buildings and out in the big parking lot (free from close obstructions).  Streaming audio frequently buffers, and streaming video is unwatchable.  Coverage disappears completely inside many of the buildings too.  My 3 year old VZW phone worked everywhere inside or out with fast LTE speeds.

Just 2-3 miles away the speeds are excellent... sometimes upwards of 70 mbps.  What is going on with this network, and why would there be such a big performance gap in an area where there are a LOT of customers?  I can tell when many people might be bogging the network down around lunchtime (expected) but performance is awful even in the late evening in that part of town.

GrandMaster

post your zip and closest cross streets for your work location so the agent can check the location of the towers compared to there and to see if there are any reported issues with them.
Journeyman

Work location is closest to South Oliver St and 31st Street South. I think the zip is 67210, but there are many.
GrandMaster

its pretty much like my work area..there are 3 zips in this area. the info you just posted will help narrow down the tower or towers that would usually cover that area so the agent can look at their notes to see if anything has been reported..and if not they can put in a ticket for it to be checked for issues.
Journeyman

I just did another speedtest and got a whopping 0.08 mpbs download speed!  Crap-tastic.

Journeyman

Well it's a large area issue for Wichita. Still no improvement at my office, Rock Rd and Harry 67207.

Also today I was traveling on the Northwest side of the city, HWY 254, Zips 67204, 67205, 67203 and I was dropping in and out of network. Maps, Texts, Data, not coming through with any consistency.

I know they are making changes because my home between Andover/Augusta and another site I'm at 2 days a week in the NE side of Wichita, Central and 143rd 67230 both have greatly improved service over tha last year as they used to suffer the same conditions I'm now having in town.

As for the swith to CDMA only, while that may work that is not why I have a new phone and paying for 4G LTE service.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.