cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Dropout and No Network Issues - Zip 67207

Sprint Social Care

Re: Data Dropout and No Network Issues - Zip 67207

Hey guys! Please try doing this troubleshooting step:

• Step 1:From the home screen, tap Phone.
  • Step 2: Dial ##72786#. (Note: The final # will not appear on the screen. The device will restart and initiate Hands Free Activation.)
  • Step 3Smiley Surprisednce the activation is complete, tap OK.
  • Step 4Smiley Surprisednce the PRL is updated, tap OK.
  • Step 5:Tap OK to restart the device.

If the service doesn't improve after this, let me know so that I can then submit the problem to our Network Team for further investigation.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I just did those steps and get 0.49 mbps down and 1.94 mbps up. This is not what I'm paying for either. The signal penetration into our buildings is also extremely poor. If I leave line-of-sight to a window than connectivity goes away completely.
Sprint Social Care

Can you please do a speedtest outside of the building? Please do so and let us know how it goes.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Just did while looking straight at a cell tower (don't know if it is Sprint or not) and got 0.50 down and 4.39 up.
Journeyman

Ok, I did the Activation like you said a few hours ago, full disclosure I also did this a week ago before I started this thread so you can guess the results. As I'm typing this while I'm sitting here at my desk (Rock Rd and Harry, 67207) and I had my secretary send me a couple texts from her Verison phone, she says they shows sent on her phone but I'm not receiving them. I sent one to her and I'm watching it spin on my phone not sending. My screen says I have 3 bars, no LTE. Now I've waited 5 minutes so Prediction time, if I make a phone call to my office landline as soon as it starts to ring the texts will go though in both directions... I was correct. Check the towers please 

Sprint Social Care

Alright! Let's send this over to our Network Team. Please check your inbox and reply to the private message that I just sent to each of you.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Done, thanks. I hope they can find the problem quickly and deliver the service I thought I was purchasing when I signed on last month. At this point I really regret switching.
Journeyman

I finally got a phone call about the trouble ticket, and the operator in OKC identified 5 towers within 2 miles of me, and only 1 has been upgraded.  She offered no prediction about when the others might be upgraded, or if that would deliver the advertised performance.  I don't know what "upgraded" means, but I know their own LTE Plus coverage map shows this area completely blanketed with no gaps.  She said she could not identify any "network issues" and basically just said I'm out of luck and their service is what it is.  At least she spoke perfect English and could carry on a conversation without reading from a script...that is a marked improvement from my approximately 7 hours of phone interaction with sales, billing, and some tech support since I first tried to sign up for Sprint.

She then transferred me to account services after I expressed dissatisfaction with her answers.  That agent was somewhat helpful and recognized the dilemma.  He recommended going to a repair center to get my phone evaluated with their diagnostic computer as the next step, so I'll do that sometime this weekend (and lose another 1-2 hours of my time).  Since my phone works great just a few miles from here (upwards of 50-70 mbps) I don't expect the diagnostic check to reveal anything related to extremely poor performance in the SE part of town.

I sure regret switching to Sprint, and expect I'll have to leave to get anything resembling advertised service at this location, and I hope by documenting all of this trouble that I'll be able to walk away and give them the phones back to re-sell to some other sucker expecting LTE Plus service.

Journeyman

I had to leave town Friday so I didn't get my info sent to you but the good news is I don't think I'll need to. Thursday morning on my way to the office I saw a boom truck up on the tower that's a few blocks from me. It may just be a coinsidence but all day Thursday and so far today I've had no issues. Sitting here at my desk I'm getting 4 bars LTE and all texts, data and calls are going through fine. This has been an everyday issue for a month so I hope we're fixed, I'll reach back out if I have anymore issues.

GrandMaster

excellent.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Lucky you! I even wasted an hour going across town on Friday to get my new phone put through diagnostic tests and they found nothing. Today I'm back at work with 0.25 mbps LTE.

GrandMaster

since the majority of the towers that would cover you have yet to be upgraded what youre seeing currently is what you will see while the upgrades are happening..might have on again off again voice issues as well while they are upgrading..unfortunately there isnt anything or anywhere that will update you on if and when they will be upgraded..one day they will just start up on them. the towers chosen in which order is done by the vendor doing the upgrades.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.