cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S5, limited 4g, always 3g.. Spark is horrible.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy S5, limited 4g, always 3g.. Spark is horrible.

Purchased the GS5 the day it came out, (no WOW factor, but theres potential) upgraded from the S4 (with the S4 i never had any of these problems). I reside in 28539 and have horrible cell service. LTE with no bars. Cant receive phone calls when im in my home and always have dropped calls even when im standing outside of my home. i get maybe 3-5 mbps while at home. I also work in 28546 and 28542.. and thats the same, minus the cell service. LTE in 28546 but its so slow i just connect to AT&T WiFi since they are next door to my work. Am i missing something with the Sprint Spark?? Where are the "blazing speeds" that every sprint associate boasted about............ Its come to the point that i turn my network mode to CDMA instead of LTE/CDMA, it works better. but i have an LTE phone and should be able to use it!

57 REPLIES 57
Master

Re: Galaxy S5, limited 4g, always 3g.. Spark is horrible.

lindsjer726

Thanks for reaching out. I have checked all the areas for you. 28539 does have LTE however I am seeing a drop in performance on the tower which can affect your calls as well. I have sent a notification to the technicians to check it out for you. I would suggest updating the profile while in this area to refresh your connection as well. I am not showing any towers in 28546, the closest is about 3.5 miles away which could be why it's slower. 28542 does not have any 4G/LTE in the area; they are still running older 3G. Upgrades are still being completed all over. Sprint Spark is not available in any of these areas yet. It's only been launched in a few markets so far.

Melyssa
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have updated the profile several times when the service has finally shown back up. I had 4G with the S4 I had and it worked great in 28539 and 28546, 28542 is a military base and only worked in some spots. I understand numerous people are having the same difficulties as me with the S5 and it not cooperating on the sprint network, but it's a bit ridiculous.

Master

lindsjer726

Good afternoon. Would you kindly provide cross streets for each zip code you provided? I will look at the towers and report issues. Also, your area is not Spark capable yet, but the phone should pick up 4G where available.

I look forward to your reply.

Robin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

The two main roads are Lejeune Blvd and North Marine Blvd. I live on Freedom Way (the extension of Lejeune Blvd) and I work on North Marine Blvd.

Journeyman

[Personal Information Removed] Western Blvd 28546.. idk if that will be easier to look up

Message was edited by: TheModerator - This is a public forum.  To protect your privacy, please do not post any personal information including phone numbers, full address, email address, or account number and/or PIN.

Journeyman

Im on 3g all the time and it's making me mad cause I was told by a sales rep that I would be on 4GLTE and I'm not so what is up with this issue

Journeyman

Sprint Spark is Garbage I returned my S5 I'm in Houston where the 4G market and Spark is right now. You can't talk and surf the web at the same time. But Verizon S5 can.

Journeyman

Yea thinking of leaving and going to Verizon

Journeyman

I'm not threatening to leave sprint I just want issue fixed or explained when it will be fixed. I had an S4 less than a week ago and it worked perfect getting 4G in my area, but now I have an upgrade BETTER phone and it only has 1 bar 90% of the time it's on...? Something isn't right...

Wizard

Sprint Spark = WiMAX.

Sprints inferior network is smoke and mirrors.

I am counting the days until my contract expires so that I can switch to a reliable provider.

So mad at myself for choosing Sprint at all. Wont make that mistake again

Journeyman

I never felt like that when i signed up with Sprint. This is the first time ive REALLY had a problem with the service. Just update the towers, the radios in my phone or whatever so i can use my S5 the way its meant to be.. the way i look at it id be better off returning the S5 and going back to my S4 with the broken screen lol.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.