cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Never Have Service!

Journeyman

Never Have Service!

I have had sprint for years and years and I've never had awful service like the last month or two. I live in zip 02720 and work in zip 02780. I always have wi-fi at home but when I'm at work (so 40+ hours a week) I NEVER have service. I'm really thinking about switching because the inconvenience is too large.

Does anyone else have this problem recently?

11 REPLIES 11
Master

Re: Never Have Service!

IvyyL, I’m sorry to hear that. I know how inconvenient that is. I will he happy to look into this to find out what's going on. What is the make and model of your Sprint device? Is this happening both indoors and outdoors? Is it affecting the voice, text and data services? Is the issue impacting anyone else? May I please have a few cross streets so that I can accurately review the network and coverage there?

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

@sprint_Ina wrote:

IvyyL, I’m sorry to hear that. I know how inconvenient that is. I will he happy to look into this to find out what's going on. What is the make and model of your Sprint device? Is this happening both indoors and outdoors? Is it affecting the voice, text and data services? Is the issue impacting anyone else? May I please have a few cross streets so that I can accurately review the network and coverage there?

I have an iPhone 7 and this is happening with text and data services. (I never really call anyone so I'm not sure about the voice) It is both indoors and outdoors. Some surrounding streets would include:

The 300 block of Bay Street, Taunton MA 02780

Broadway, Taunton MA 02780

Charlotte Street, Fall River MA 02720

New Boston Road, Fall River MA 02720

I also seem to run into problems around the area of Faunce Corner Road, Dartmouth MA 02747

Thank you!

Master

Thanks for the information, I reviewed the network for all of these locations and currently there are no reports from our network team about issues on these areas.

Right now I'd like to determine if it is something related to the phone or the network. How many bars does the phone usually displays? Do you sometimes get error messages like ''No service'', ''Extended'' or ''Roaming''? Is the software on your device up to date? Anyone else on these locations having the problem?

Please try these steps once you are located in one of the areas where it is happening;

1. Tap Phone icon.
  2. Tap Key Pad if necessary.
  3. Enter ##873283# then tap Call icon.
  4. When Starting Service Update appears, tap OK.
  5. When Service Update Complete appears, tap OK.
Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
GrandMaster

one big one to help narrow this down is whether anyone else around you has a Sprint phone..are they seeing this problem as well or are their phones working fine?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I usually have one bar and its on LTE and sometimes it'll change to 1x.

The software is up to date and I just completed that service update which still has my phone at only 1 bar in the 02780 area.

Thank you for your continued assistance!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I work with 2 people that I know of and one of them (the only other one to have an iPhone) has the same problem that I'm having.

GrandMaster

is the final person you work with running a Sprint phone as well or no? doesnt matter if its an apple device or not..just if its a Sprint phone or not.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yes, my coworker that has the same coverage issues is running off of Sprint.

GrandMaster

since there are more than one device affected and they are on completely different accounts this points to it for sure being a network deal. there is always a chance it could end up being the phone or even a single line on an account acting up but the second device pretty much rules those possibilities out.
Journeyman

We have AT&T internet service. Sprint and AT&T do not get along.  What I mean is, my ihone 7 plus and Safari/ Sprint will not cinsistently connect, especially after 7pm.  I'm in the 32258 zipcode.   BUT my family who has METRO Pcs and AT&T phones/service have no problem.  I get this Message "Safari cannot open the page because your iPhone is not connect to the internet."  This happens when I attempt to go to GOOGLE, too. Frustrating.  I might go back to METROPcs --- with them, I outright bought my phone and service was not a major issue.  Sprint appears to be lacking in the service business and mostly focused in the sale of cell phones and accessories!!  

Sprint Social Care

Hello Gotcha17.

Lets try some trouble shooting. Go to Settings - Cellular - Use cellular data for - scroll down to Safari - is it toggled OFF?

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.