cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Sprint and really slow LTE speeds.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: New to Sprint and really slow LTE speeds.

Just seems to be slow data.  Honestly I don't do a lot of calls during the day as I'm usually working but work from home.  Would Sorint be able to do anything about the tower congestion?

Are the "off peak" speeds I posted typical for Sprint LTE?   Once I get the new iPhone later this year (should be LTE Plus cabible) will I see much better speeds around 100Mbps as some get I seen on YouTube?

Highlighted
GrandMaster

it all depends on what all bands of LTE your tower has on it. for me near my work place i have LTE Plus . doing a test right now inside of a warehouse with every possible reception killing scenario you can think of im pulling in 38.29 download 8.55 upload with a 56ms ping. im currently on the 2500mhz LTE which is the higher faster one but since im inside surrounded by concrete, steel, enough wiring and electrical to kill off about 30 Smurf villages not including all the stuff in my shop that also zaps signal those speeds are pretty good. the 800mhz LTE is the building penetrating one..the 1900mhz is the normal signal..so if you didnt have a Spark capable device but it was 4G you would be using the 1900mhz..if the tower has not been upgraded to Spark or LTE Plus but it has LTE then its pushing the 1900mhz. which means everyone with a 4G capable device is using that same signal..the huge plus to Spark is the addition of those other bands..which then pulls a ton of people away from the 1900mhz and spreads them out a bit.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint's coverage map shows LTE Plus on the map for this area so I've gotta assume my device simply doesn't have the necessary LTE Plus bands in it. I do have the Verizon iPhone 6 which makes sense based upon http://www.apple.com/iphone/LTE/

I think you're right that we are all using the LTE signal thus slowing things down for everyone. Question is, can or will Sprint do anything about it?
Highlighted
GrandMaster

only thing they can do is upgrade more towers around there to Spark/LTE Plus..it shows spark but they might not be fully upgraded with all towers there just yet. an agent would need to look into this one.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

My phone is LTE Plus capable, but that certainly doesn't mean that Sprint's service is delivered as they advertise.  I'm getting <<1.0 MBPS in a region that is supposed to be Plus.  Indoors or out, night or day, it doesn't matter.  A few miles away I've seen 50 MBPS.  I'd keep making reports via their app of the poor service.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Will do.  I've made one yesterday and today already.  

Highlighted
GrandMaster

ditto with the agents in here..if they create a ticket for the tower it then gets physically checked..down side is if the tower in question has not been upgraded yet that falls back on the vendors that are actually doing the tower upgrades..there is no rhyme or reason on which towers they do and in which order..
Highlighted
Journeyman

New problem has manafested itself.  My iPhone no longer says Sprint Wi-Fi in the title bar indicating it's using Wi-Fi calling.   

Wi-Fi is connected.  Full signal.  Sprint single is the same 2-3 bars.  Setting show it's still enabled.  

I reset rebooted my phone, turned Wi-Fi calling off and back on, turned airplane mode on and back on and even reset all all network settings.  Nothing will bring Wi-Fi calling back.   Could this be related to the tower issue I'm facing?   Could they be fixing something on their end?

Highlighted

Hi NutFlush920!

We checked the area and there shouldn't be any issues. However, since this only happens at your home location at certain times, there's definitely something causing this. Reporting the issue through the App is good enough to have our Network Team look into this but, we'd like to take a look into the towers your device mostly connects to and report this once more from our end. Please reply to the Private Message I sent you.

Michael C

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just did a speed test and got 4.40X1.87 which is better then a hour ago.  So maybe they are checking it out as we speak?!?

Highlighted

NutFlush920

We'd like to take a look and see if there is anything causing this from this end. Please reply to my Private Message.

Michael C

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks,  I just replied 

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.