cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor LTE in Downtown Midland, TX

Journeyman

Poor LTE in Downtown Midland, TX

Hello,

I've noticed over the past few weeks that my LTE in Midland is terrible. There are a few towers surrounding downtown Midland and I used to get a pretty good connection while at work, but lately the speeds are less than 1Mb. To top it all off, sometime it won't even have a 4g connection, so it's connected to 3g. I'm not sure if it matters, but when I commence Speedtests I notice the servers it's connecting to are from Stanton and Fort Stockton. In the past, it would automatically connect to servers in Midland. I can manually connect to the Midland server, but the results are the same.

Here are a few cross streets where the speeds are pretty bad:

Wall Street and A Street

A Street and Scharbauer Dr

Big Spring St. and Wadley  Ave

The last time I had problems like this a Sprint representative stated they were working on the network so this may be the case again.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
GrandMaster

Re: Poor LTE in Downtown Midland, TX

when it pulls up a server its usually going with whichever one is performing the best. doesnt really mean much when it comes to the network itself other than getting the best performing server to test against. when i test the best server for me is about 3 hours away from my actual location. but i get better results from a server about 5 hours away.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.