Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting Spark issues in my area

Highlighted
Journeyman

Reporting Spark issues in my area

Zip Code: 78213

Cross Streets:  Glen Ivy & West Ave

I am an LG G2 owner who lives in the Spark enabled city of San Antonio, and I received the Spark update on my phone a week ago.  Spark seems to be working great in most of the areas that I travel to and I am seeing impressive speeds.  The reason for this post is because I just wanted to report some spotty/erratic behavior that Spark is having, especially where I work, in hopes that this area can be looked into and these issues possibly rectified - here at work my connection is very slow and unstable.  If I want to use my phone for any extended period of time, I have to force it into CDMA only mode just because the 3G works so much better than my LTE/Spark.

So, the first issue I have is just general weakness in signal and data strength.  I have worked in this building for 4 years, and it has only been the past month or two that I have started experiencing text and call issues.  Texts and calls do go through, but where I used to have absolutely no issues, now I experience dropped calls, or at minimum very choppy calls, and I am now at about a 50/50 success/failure rate for text messages.  I also used to get a decent enough LTE connection that I could actually use it to browse websites and use apps.  For the past 2-3 months though, I have had to force my phone into CDMA mode just to get my phone to load stuff at a decent rate (I mean, LTE basically refuses to pull any data for minutes at a time sometimes).

Next issue:  Spark/LTE data transfer itself.  I will be sitting in another part of my office, where I actually have a pretty solid LTE/Spark connection, when all of a sudden data just stops working.  The Spark icon will still be in my notification bar, grayed out to show me that it's not doing anything, and apps and websites tell me that I have no internet connection.  Normally this only ever happened when my phone legitimately lost the connection to LTE and the LTE icon would actually disappear for a minute or two and then come back, or 3G would at least show up in its place temporarily while it worked on hooking into an LTE connection again.  Two, five, seven, ten minutes later, whenever it feels like it, it starts working again. Rinse and repeat.  So the connection is there, it just seems that my phone is not able to hold it with any true stability - it's very erratic.

I am very confident that I do not have any issues with my phone.  Outside of these issues I've mentioned, which primarily only rear their head at work (though it can and does happen elsewhere), my phone works beautifully and I am seeing some amazing Spark speeds in certain areas of my city.  I realize that this is mostly just growing pains with the network upgrades that Sprint is working on, but I need my phone to function at work (I have a baby at daycare - I NEED them to be able to get in touch with me), so I wanted to send this report in hopes that things can be fixed up sooner rather than later.

Thank you!

Update: I've just also noticed this morning that when I have my phone set to Global or LTE/CDMA mode, it seems to be causing a degradation in my overall cell quality as well.  When in Global/LTE/CDMA mode, I am having the call and text issues I mentioned above and I only show zero bars or one bar of signal on my cell meter.  When I switch to CDMA only mode to use 3G, my cell meter shoots up to 5-6 bars and stays there, and the calling/texting issue seems to go away.  I know data and cellular are two different beasts, but it seems that one is indeed affecting the other (at least in this area).

19 REPLIES 19
Master

Re: Reporting Spark issues in my area

PRDSTexas01

Thank you for reaching out to us with your service concerns. Based on the information that you provided I believe that you are still going through Spark testing in your area. Once the system has been fully tested and tweaked you will see the improvement in service quality.

Omar

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I am having the same issues. In my home I always had 4g signal. Now, after the lte update,I get a 3g signal that drops out completely every 10 minutes or so. I see that little red x and zero bars all the time now.

Master

lllskullylll,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having connection issues at home. I'd be more than happy to check out the towers in your location. If I can get your zip and nearest cross streets I can narrow things down for you. What phone are you currently using? Please let me know if you've noticed any other issues since Spark has been enabled in your area.

Thanks,
*Liz
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

after Spark update my LG G2 woudn't stay connected to Airave at home. It shows 0 bars next to the device. Once  I switch to CDMA only - 5 bars and everything works again.

My guess:

Looks like it gets connected to LTE on 800 Mhz since data is still working - 5mbit download with o bars (WiFi is off)!!!

Since voice doesnt work over 800 Mhz it show 0 bars.

CAn this be fixed by some kind of PRL update?

The question is is it possible for phone to be connected to LTE  over 800 Mhz and CDMA over 1900 at the same time?

Tried calling Sprint tech support few times already

Master

KVASYUNIN1,

I want to ensure we are accurately reviewing this concern and locate a solution.  Is the issue only occurring when connected to your Airave or also when disconnected? If only when connected to the Airave which generation are you currently utilizing (1.0, 2.0, 2.5 or 2.5+)?

Sprint Social Care Team

David

Journeyman

Issue is that phone can not connect to Airave at home anymore. Airave 2.5. Motorola X and Samsung Note 2 have no issues.

My LG G2 was working fine until recent Spark upgrade.

Now when pjone is in LTE/CDMA mode it shows LTE 0 bars. Signal strength - 115 dBm 27 asu

Once I switch to CDMA only it connects to Airave and shows 3G 5 bars, Signal Strength -72 dBm. EvDo-rev. A

Journeyman

Ditto -- before I returned my LG G2, I rarely got 4G LTE -- in Los Angeles.  Spark is a failure.  Sprint should be ashamed they rolled out this piece of garbage software and stupid spinning UI icon.

Master

KVASYUNIN1

Thanks for letting us know. Our team is aware of this issue and it's a fix is being worked on. Until then, the workaround to address the issue is to switch your device to CDMA only. I do apologize has this can be inconvenient to do.

Eduardo

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Is there an estimated time-frame for completion of this issue?  Customers bought Sprint 4G LTE phones to use 4G LTE.  It is unfair that we are stuck with 3G (and, often, bad 3G at that). 

Please keep us updated regarding when a fix might be coming. 

Master

JESUS_MA, I understand your concerns. Our technicians are working as fast as quality allows to get upgrades completed. You can check the status of your area here sprint.com/lte. Roxana Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I am having this issue with the Note Edge. 1/8/15

I have tried changing to automatic, CDMA, all of them-- I cannot send any texts

Pls advise

Dawn

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.