cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Note 4 LTE issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Note 4 LTE issues

Just upgraded to a Note 4 at the sprint store about 2 weeks ago. I've been in twice, once they did the ## code to reset the phone to the cell, last night (last day of the 14 day upgrade) they replaced the phone. I've called Tech support. Still having the same problem. I like the phone overall except for this issue and would prefer it work. If you can't get it to work, as advertised, in a reasonable time, I'd like a refund until I can decide on the next phone/option. I was forced to upgrade when my older Note II died.

The problem: The phone won't hold an LTE Spark signal. If I reboot the phone it will acquire the LTE signal, but after a while (anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour or two it will drop back down to 3G and never see LTE again until I reboot the phone. I've checked this at home, at the sprint store, and at work.

Need this fixed and to talk to someone knowledgeable rather than just being told to reboot or that I now have to use my TEP plan to replace the phone at an additional cost to me. If it can't be fixed or won't work I'd like to return the phone for a refund, and I'll have to decide what my next phone option will be.

26 REPLIES 26
Master

Re: Samsung Note 4 LTE issues

KenRich1965 - I hear your concern. I would love to look into this for you. Can you please provide me the zip code of the area you're having these issues. I would like to check the LTE capabilities in that area. Thank you in advance. I want to help. - TatianaSprint Social Care
Journeyman

23320 right now. 23502 also.

Master

KenRich1965 - Thank you. What is your network mode set on? Please go to settings>more networks>mobile networks>network mode and ensure that it is set to LTE/CDMA. Once that is set, please go into your Sprint Zone App and update your profile. Keep us posted. - TatianaSprint Social Care
Journeyman

Same steps done previously with no fix. But repeated.

No change after the update. Still 3G. Set to LTE/CDMA in network settings.

Clicking on the "Test 4G" button in the network page shows, on, but then comes up and says to go to settings and turn it on. Is already on in settings.

No change, same.

Master

KenRich1965,

We understand how frustrating this issue can be. We'd like to help. Are you experiencing this issue at one or multiple locations? Have you used the Sprint Zone App on your device for some troubleshooting steps? Let us know. Try toggling the Airplane Mode and updating the PRL, see if that helps. Keep us posted.

- Maria
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Occurs no matter where I'm at. Rebooting the phone it will get a 4g signal, lasting 5 minutes to an hour. Once it drops to 3G, I have to reboot the phone to get it to connect at 4g.

Troubleshooting in store, on phone, with sprint zone app, with you. Also submitted Network connectivity report from sprint zone on the phone. 1st store visit device was reset with ##7286#, no change. Last night it was replaced with a new phone, no change.

Just rebooted it and it is again at 4g and leaving it on my desk. lasted a couple of minutes and has again returned to 3G.

Tried airplane mode, update profile and PRL, all of the above. How do I move to a higher level troubleshooting?

Ken

Journeyman

Since this is the same behavior on two phones, it's either a problem with the Note 4 or a problem with Sprints network and the Note 4. Your forums here have a lot of the same complaints. If it can't be fixed please let me know so I can return the phone and figure out another plan.

Master

KenRich1965,

It seems we've exhausted most of our troubleshooting steps. An option would be to back up the phone and reset it back to its factory settings to see if that changes anything. If that doesn't work, then you'll have to go back to the store and have them run a diagnosis to find the root cause of this problem. Please send us a private message with the requested information by following this link http://bit.ly/1qQty1X for further assistance. Thanks in advance. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

- Maria
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'll send a note that way and try again.

This phone is the second one with the same issue. Both are brand new out of the box. They switched out the first phone for the second one last night, with the same behavior. They looked at the first phone, and couldn't find a cause which was why they did the swap. Since the store exhausted their ability, I believe this needs to move up higher in the troubleshooting steps.

I'd prefer to fix it, but if not able, I'd like to return the phone, and I'll have to figure out what to do for a phone.

Ken

Journeyman

Ken I feel your pain. I'm experiencing the same thing. The only difference is that mine drops to the slow Band 25 LTE. And I'm in an excellent Spark LTE area. The Note will keep the spark LTE for no more than 30 to 60 minutes and then it's gone. I've been through all the BS steps they've told u on here, to no avail. Unfortunately this issue is something beyond their knowledge, they don't know Squat. Ive gone through 3 devices and its the same thing. Lucky for me, I'm two days shy from my 14 days. I'm returning mine and kissing Sprint Goodbye. Good luck and I hope they can fix your issue.

Master

Jesito473 - We're sorry that you have been experiencing this. We don't want to lose you as a customer. Can you please provide me with the nearest cross streets and zip code of where this is occurring? - Mana
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.