cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spark network in Houston?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Spark network in Houston?

Why is the Spark network in Houston, Texas so horrible?  My home sits virtually right next to a tower and I previously enjoyed max bars at all times on my EVO 4G LTE.  However, since I "upgraded" to the Samsung S5, I barely get the tiny bar whether at home or when moving around Houston (or when traveling around the country).  I also find myself frequently searching for WiFi hotspots rather than being able to use the gazillion gigs in the data package I pay for.  ... I have taken in my phone to the Sprint store where they have confirmed that it is working correctly. (I had convinced myself there must be something wrong with my S5, since there's no way my previously-reliable Sprint service could suddenly be so bad.)  ... Upon expressing my frustration, the person at the store confided that Sprint is "having some problems" getting the Spark system working properly.  ---- This is frustrating and completely unacceptable.  I have been a Sprint/Nextel customer for probably over 15 years now, maybe even 20 and have expensive, multi-phone and large data package subscriptions, but I am seriously considering switching out to a different carrier if this Sprint Spark network does not get fixed fast.

5 REPLIES 5
Master

Re: Spark network in Houston?

I'd like to take a closer look into this for you. Please visit: http://bit.ly/1lCgRpq for instructions. - Colleen
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

...furthermore, I can be driving down major interstates throughout Texas (between Houston-Dallas-Austin-San Antonio) with zero to no bars on my Samsung S5, with my wife riding in the same car and having max bars on her S4!

This Sprint service network is horrible and only seems to be getting worse.

Attached is the comparison between my wife's "old technology" S4 and my "new technology" S5.  Note that her reception bars are almost maxed-out while I barely have one.  At the same location with my HTC EVO 4G, I always used to have max bars:S5 vs S4 in 77008.jpg

Master

LRVRod,

Please know we are still in the process of upgrading the Houston area to Sprint Spark. Until we complete these upgrades, these issues may continue for a bit and for that I do apologize.

Sincerely,

KC
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Gee golly that sounds just swell. However, I was in Austin earlier this week and San Antonio today. Service/Signal strength is abysmal everywhere.

Master

LRVRod,

We're working to upgrade towers throughout the area. We apologize for the issues the upgrading is causing. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

- Tammy
Sprint Social Care
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.