cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$10.00 extra for 4g?

Journeyman

$10.00 extra for 4g?

Okay, I know you have to pay $10.00 for speed for 4g. However what happens if you live in a town/city that doesn't have 4g?
So you just pay the $10.00 extra for nothing?

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

$10.00 extra for 4g?

also what is 4g?
If you don't live in a 4g spot you can't hook up other devices to the internet?

Wizard

$10.00 extra for 4g?

The $10.00 charge is for premium data NOT for 4G...This is a very common misconception! And yes whether you have 4G in your area or not you have to pay the premium data charge of $10 on any and all smartphones.

As for what 4G is...4G is a name for the most recent version of internet and data. While some companies chose to simply update their 3G networks to be their version of 4G, Sprint teamed together with ClearWire and began building the first 4G network but from the ground up. 4G network is supposed to be more reliable and much faster. The issue with this is that ClearWire has not been doing what they agreed to (or doing what they were NOT supposed to be doing, e.g. throttling) and now the 4G network is at a standstill (for the most part). We are all hoping that they are getting it back together and working on the network again! WE HOPE!!!!!

Journeyman

$10.00 extra for 4g?

Okay so i got sprint about 2 months ago and I got an android phone. They told me it would be $10 extra a month for data. This saturday I bought the evo shift full price and it changed my plan to 4g as well. Will i be receiving 2 $10 charges or is it the same $10 charge ive been paying

Journeyman

$10.00 extra for 4g?

Yep pretty much dude oh btw I'm not miskitty that's my gf I'm on her plan but I just recently found out about this 10 extra bucks a few days ago after we got the bill...what happened was we both got phones last march her a blackberry me a hero she loves her berry so after the year I upgraded to an evo...the rep said he would do it the easy way and ended up turning her phone off or something and then transferring the evo to it something Idk but we had to activate her phone again for reasons I can't understandbut both phones were back up in good time but now we get the bill and they charge her phone the 10 bucks too wtf? The rep said nothing about any new charges not did he tell us he was screwing us by deactivating her phone for ten mins then turning it back on...this is complete bs my 4g is really spotty but wouldnt complain if it was just my phone but hers too? And no hotspot feature included this is unacceptable and I hope the class action lawsuit I read about comes through...how can they say its to continue providing unlimited plans at competitive prices? 80 bucks a month isn't too competitive sounds like deceiving word play to me

Journeyman

$10.00 extra for 4g?

I would like to know where the 4g service is period!

I understand that 4g is not available in my home area but in the last  six months I have had business trips to Los Angeles, Chicago, and New  York City where I spent a month in each city. All of these cities  supposedly have had 4g service activated.  In all three cities I tried  using 4g on my EVO in various locations in and around the downtown  areas. In each location of each city, I was lucky to get my 4g radio to  connect at all and when it did, it would only stay connected briefly and  then the connection would drop. When I was connected, the speed of the  4g service was way less than stellar and actually was slower than  Sprints 3g for the brief periods it would connect. In New York City I  saw a huge Sprint billboard near 42nd st. and 7th. Ave. that bragged  about Sprint 4g now being active in New York City. I stood there looking  at that billboard and tried to get my 4g to connect and had the same  crappy results that I had everywhere else. I updated everything on the  phone and pulled the battery and tried again in various locations near  that billboard corner but was never able to connect and/or stay  connected to 4g.

How incredibly disappointing this is!  I have  been a loyal customer for a number of years. I have 5 phones on my  account and was about to add a 6th until the tri-fecta failure of  Sprints 4g service in the 3 largest cities in the United States. I am at  the point now where I am ready to take my 6th line to Verizon. The way  it seems to me is that Sprint has been charging me a premium for the  priviledge to have a phone that is supposed to be able to do 4g but they  have not been able to deliver on the contract they expect me to be  bound to. I will have to look at my other options since Sprint has  essentially failed me.

How disappointing indeed!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.