cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1X Roaming/Coverage Map Redrawn?

1X Roaming/Coverage Map Redrawn?

I added two phone lines to my account back in September. Those two phone lines were using the Samsung Epic phone, but within that 30 day window the users decided that they didn't like it and got the Blackberry 9850. There have been many issues with the coverage/service. It seems as though Sprint has redrawn their coverage map and the house is in a 1X Roaming reception. When the lines were added to the family plan it was in the G3 reception area. Now it's different.

So now the phones are having a hard time connecting to the network. Because of this it's sucking the life out of the batteries and the phones won't even stay charged overnight (with no use!). It's like it's constantly trying to connect to the network and now that it is 1X roaming, it's having problems.

What can we do? If the service worked properly we'd have no problems keeping these phones on the plan. But they don't. There were no issues whatsoever when these particular phone lines were on the Verizon network. But with Sprint now it's just sucking the life right out of the phones. And it's not the issue of it being the phone, either. So it's not the phone's battery that is faulty.

10 REPLIES 10
Master

Re: 1X Roaming/Coverage Map Redrawn?

I will look into what coverage changes have taken effect. Where, what  specific location? The best possible idea is to use a business address very near your location – and let us know if you are North or South etc from that location – and approximately how far from it.  We discourage putting your actual address in for privacy reasons.

What model are the phones?

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

The devices are the Blackberry Torch 9850.

The house is located about 1.5 miles Southeast of this business location:

United Sports Training Center      1426 Marshallton Thorndale Road, Downingtown, PA 19335

It's in the "Off Network Roaming" location now (so that light green)

Master

Wanted to update you that I have sent up some questions on this area. I am off till Monday so I appreciate your patience.

Larry

Thanks so much for the update. I appreciate it!

Any update?

Master

I have been exchanging email with the market manager and should have more info or at  least a better answer soon.

Larry

I used the address you gave me- see coverage below. I see towers near on 1800 WEST STRASBURG RD.  COATESVILLE, PA 19320 and another one near the Shadyside/Downington Pike intersection. The roaming agreements haven't changed but if your coverage has you need to call in and have technical support complete a CTMS ticket to help further identifyand resolve what is occurring with your service. If you go to coverage.sprint.com and enter your address and you are in the lightest shade of green tech support will not file a ticket.

pa sprintcom.JPG

Why won't they file a ticket if we're in the lightest shade of green?

Since Sprint recently changed their shared plan billing practice and it's a materially adverse change in agreement, I think this is the perfect opportunity to port those two phone lines over to a different carrier without being charged an ETF. We pay almost $230 a month and can't get service on two of these phone lines - that's unacceptable.

Master

one_curly_fry wrote:

Why won't they file a ticket if we're in the lightest shade of green?

Fair coverage - light green means that indoor coverage is not likely. You are very likely to experience coverage gaps in these areas. Many times  Indoor coverage isolated to certain locations in a building.

I pulled a map from the fall of 2010 and it shows the same area as light green. Is your actual address in the light green?

Yes, the actual address is in the light green.

BTW...my Dad contacted Tech Support 2 weeks ago. They promised to get back to him "shortly" and he still hasn't gotten a response from them...

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.