cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G Data Speed Issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

3G Data Speed Issues

I live in North Carolina and i don't want to be rude but 3G data speed is completely pathetic...In a full service area and full 3G area the best speed i can pull on average is 0.17 mbps download and 0.02 mbps upload, i think thats very unacceptable...i thought it may a outage or something but its a everyday thing...whats going on sprint?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Journeyman

Welcome to the Sprint network.  You should see speed improvements by the end of 2013.

Highlighted
Wizard

It really depends on the location, we are definitely working on network improvements though and we've accelerated the process of our Network Vision plan, which has returned very positive feedback from customers around the early launched Network Vision sites. Also, you can check https://network.sprint.com/ and put your zip code in to find the latest improvements coming to your area.

Find out more about our Network Vision plans here:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/network-and-coverage/blog/2011/12/27/spr...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Even though data is still kinda slow my data speeds have gotten a little better, it must have just been a phone issue

Highlighted
Journeyman

From your link there appear to be a lot of improvements in the Los Angeles area over the past six months---but the network reliability and speed have been diminishing.  I used to be able to stream radio channels reliably unless there was an issue at the sender's end.  Having experienced the latter with my local NPR affiiliate, KCRW,  I found that I could stream two other affiliates in my region much more reliably. 

But as of a few weeks ago, those affiliates don't work any better than KCRW--and, in fact, no stations that I've tried work very well.  The audio stream cuts out every minute or so, and, as you might expect, the connection is useless for Google Navigation, at least when driving.  After all, you do need the system to tell you whether you are going to turn left or right before actually reaching the intersection.

Using the Speedtest app I've been conducting informal field tests around my neighborhood.  In my house and the immediately surrounding blocks, it appears my download speed often dips below 100kbps.  More typically, it's in the low 100s, even though Three- The upload speed, though of considerably less usefulness to me, is better.

No wonder I can't seem to stream radio very well anymore, except when I'm at home using my ISP.

ETA: As I forgot to mention, when I encounter this problem there are generally at least four bars.

Highlighted
Journeyman

After posting the above yesterday, I updated the PRL on my device, and the problem has diminished considerably.   I don't know yet if this will make a difference in the really moribund-signal region near the intersection of Palms and Sepulveda in L.A., but preliminary results are encouraging.  Most notably, I'm now seeing download speeds in the same ballpark as uploading; before running the update DL speed was perhaps a fifth of UL. 

This is the weekend, too, so the real test will be tomorrow, I suspect.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.