cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G Horribly slow in Knoxville, TN 37919

Go to solution
Journeyman

Ridiculous speeds. This is a normal test. I've been testing for nearly 2 weeks.  37919.  It's not just iPhone same thing on Evo.

photo.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
14 REPLIES 14

id1228, I am not able to locate any outages in your area. Please provide me with the nearest cross streets to the location you are having this issue so I can research it further

Journeyman

I don't believe this is an outage it seems more like the status quo in Knoxville on Sprint.

Cross streets - Northshore Dr/Papermill Dr.

Ok I did some research and I was able to locate 1 tower that is 1.5 miles away is currently down. As for the other towers it show those are having capacity issues which are scheduled for maintence with in the next 90 days. I do apologize for any inconvience this may be causing you. Technicians are working to get these issue resolved

Journeyman

So 90 days (or less) on the ones with capacity issues.

Do you when the 1 that's down should be back up?

Thanks for the info.

The tower with the outage has been cleared and is operating with in acceptable levels

Journeyman

Unfortunately, hasn't helped me at all.  It's actually worse now.

photo.PNG

Journeyman

Re: 3G Horribly slow in Knoxville, TN 37919

I don't want to defend them, but I get my fair share of poor 3g speeds too. Lately its been pretty good though. You do realize we have 4g in knoxville right? Sure its spotty, but I get 4g in N.Knox area around Merchants all day and at home. Check the Clearwire app in the market and get off of 3g if you can. On the map zoom down to your street and see if you are covered in green. I rarely use 3g in Knox unless I move out of 4g coverage and then poor speeds again. Keep in mind 4g here is not great, but its alot better than .06kbps.

Journeyman

ID1228 did you get a chance to check for 4g yet?

Journeyman

4G is not available at this location but even if it was I'm on an iPhone so 3G only.

Journeyman

I know it sux, but I think you might be stuck with those speeds with the Iphone, at least till Sprint upgrades the 3g here. Saddly that may be a while. I saw you posted Evo in your first post that is why I recomended 4g. Right now I am getting pretty good 3g speeds between 2 and 4 kbps, but we are on different sides of town, and using different types of hardware. Luckily I get 4g all over the North side of town, but the speeds are not great either I max out at about 2mbps I have never seen much higher with 3 bars of 4g service. Good luck.

Journeyman

Hey Joe, thanks for the comments. The papermill area is where I work, I live off Cedar Bluff which gets better speeds.

Better 4g coverage will probably help me too as it will get some users off 3G.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.