Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G and 4G LTE problems!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

3G and 4G LTE problems!!!

HOUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM!

From Sugar Land to downtown and now back to my office in SW Houston and have yet to see 4G on my EVO 4G LTE (7/16/12). I saw a 4G signal for about less than a minute near the Galleria late yesterday but then it was gone... For almost 2 weeks now ive been struggling with the 3G speed anticipating the July 15 date which has now come and gone. I should have waited to buy this phone and stuck with my original EVO 4G WiMax that worked great. Sprint continues to have the slowest speed of the top 3 carriers, Verizon, ATT, Sprint... Unfortunately, Sprints 3G is half the speed of other carriers' 3G and its making it difficult to stay with sprint. I understand they have no data cap but im debating on switching even though ive been a Sprint user of over 13 years. This slow speed is killing me! I give it 2 more days before i cancel Sprint service and return this phone before i hit the 14th day trial

I contacted Sprint about my LTE issue and was told there were no known issues in my area and sent a trouble ticket 19179492-120716. He had me reset my phone, cycle it and even switch cdma only/LTE but still have no LTE. On top of that, the 3G speed is so bad now. I am exactly 1.2 miles from the LTE tower here at work and 400 yards from the tower at home. My 3G test pings at 1275ms, DL 67KBps, UL 33Kbps... Does anyone know of any hardware incompatibilities on the EVO LTE? Any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 3G and 4G LTE problems!!!

INDIANAPOLIS, THE SAME PROBLEM!!! Well let me tell you first, Sprint it's been lying to us. Back in Feb. 2012 I signed up a contract and they told me by the end of March they will upgrade all the Sprint towers to get better 3G and 4G as well, right now is Sept. 2012 and I don't see any better 3G and in accordance to Sprint map we don't even have 4G. This company has turned from being a good company to the worst one, also everytime I call for support they just act like I am stupid or a dumb. Right now Sprint it is the worst company; Verizon and ATT are in the first place, T-Mobile second and Sprint it is in the 5th place or 7th place if exist. They are the slowest company in the US deploying the 4G LTE and they lied to the whole USA with the first 4G when the evo came out, because that faked 4g was a couple towers with Wimax. I feel frustrated paying to a company that lied to me and nobody say nothing. Sprint the later network, truly unlimited 10kbps data.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 3G and 4G LTE problems!!!

Same problems in baltimore for months now. Every time I call them they say there is a problem with the tower in my area and they are working on fixing it. They say I will be compinsated for the issues but have yet to see or hear anything about that. I bought my galaxy nexus expecting to have a 4g lte pure Google phone and with these horrible 3g speeds its ruining the whole experience. You are really dropping the ball sprint.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.