cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G data speeds crawling in Chicago 60622 west of wood st.

Journeyman

3G data speeds crawling in Chicago 60622 west of wood st.

For at least the past 3 weeks 3G sprint data speeds have been extremely slow in Wicker Park / Ukranian Village. I have reported this to sprint numerous times, and they claimed to have "fixed" an "outage" that had been occurring on Monday 8/16, however speeds in the area are still as slow as they have been.  If you are having an issue with data speeds as well, which you probably should be having if you live west of wood and south of division, you should call sprint *2 to report it, and let them know its been like this for the past 3 weeks.

Some may be questioning my phone, which is a 5 month old BB Curve 8530, and anywhere outside of 60622 west of wood the phones' data works just fine. Sprint techs also have claimed that 4G networks are on different towers and do not effect 3G, though i find that to be a little hard to believe considering the 4G implementation in Chicago's timing with the "outage" here.

Sprint believes that my phone is bad and they want me to do a wipe, which I do not want to do, but apparently their bueracracy makes everyone wipe before they can create an outage or trouble ticket, which is ridiculous considering the circumstances in this case, ie. phone data works fine outside of 60622. Anyone else having this problem please report it to sprint, and here as well. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 3G data speeds crawling in Chicago 60622 west of wood st.

Yes I've been having 3G data speed problems for the past 3 weeks or so. I live in Little Falls,New Jersey and lately my signal has been switching between 1x and Ev when mostly web browsing.

I have the HTC Hero and never had this problem before. It does not do this switching dance always,but more or less during prak times.

Journeyman

Re: 3G data speeds crawling in Chicago 60622 west of wood st.

I'm in Minneapolis, MN and my network speeds have been very slow the past week also. I have not been able to even use an app unless on a wifi network. I called and was never given a clear answer. I was only told to go into the nearest Sprint store. Anyone have any idea's? I do remember ATT claiming that the Iphone has been a huge resource hog on their network. Maybe the EVO is taking it's toll on the Sprint network as well???

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.