Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3g Sadness in Morristown, NJ - Poor excuse by Sprint for speeds

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been a loyal Sprint customer for years now, probably 8 years or so by now.  I have brought over members of my family because of the great pricing / service specifically related to data plans.  With that beind said, I would like to understand what has happened to Sprint of late? 

I am located in Morristown, NJ which is best 3g coverage according to Sprint maps.  My EVO 4g backs that up with with 6 full bars.  Running a speed test I average a mere 350kb down and 80kb up if I am lucky, last few tests came in at 80kb down.  Occassionally like late last night (1AM) and this morning (8 AM) I got 1.4 - 1.6mb (off hours), which is what I use to get at the same location any time day or night, and I expect at least 1mb with 6 bars of service. 

I have been tracking this for months now thinking it was maybe a temp issue that Sprint would fix, I have had other people with the same network run checks (on a palm pre) and they got similar speed results using a completely different method.  A coworker here has Terrible Mobile (but are they really compared to Sprint now?) and gets 5mb on 4g, another coworker has Verizon and sees 2mb on 3g. 

I watch the Spring commercials and Dan talks about how Sprint doesn't throttle data, ya da ya da.  But how about oversell towers to the point of Network degrade?  I want to know what Sprint is doing about this kind of issue, I see many others reporting this in various locations.  You got my $10/mo for premium data on top of the rest of my service charges, how bout delivering a basic reasonable speed to go with it?

Serously considering the Verizon offer to buy my phone for $155, and buying out of the remainder of my Sprint contract even knowing it will cost me several hundred our of pocket, thats how bad the service is.

Not so loyal a Sprint customer any longer, talk is cheap Sprint, now deliver.

Sean

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Patron

I hear you.  I live near Morristown in Northern NJ, and 3G is normally pretty deplorable.  I see the same kinds of speeds, and the service is terrible in my house.  That's why I use WiFi.  And 4G does work quit well when I can use it, but the coverage misses my house by about one mile.  I keep on hoping that they will light up a 4G tower closer to me, but I'm still waiting.

Highlighted
Journeyman

same bull$hit here in 60099 Illinois. I've been experiencing this in my zipcode since February. its been quite frustrating and they have only credited my account once I am trying to get them to do it again because I,like many others here refuse to pay for EDGE  and dialup when we are supposed to be getting Ev. my understanding of the reasoning behind this is that they are doing a network vision upgrade which involves tearing down towers and cell sites and replacing them with newer equipment. it still shouldn't be taking this long especially without no improvements being noticed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Today I have flat out network issues, additionally down to 128k download when I actually have service.  Best part, when I spoke to Sprint a couple of weeks ago they insisted everything was perfect and it had to be my phone.  They were insistent on this even after I told them others here with other phones, phone types see the same issues on your network.  I felt like saying, that's your story and you are sticking too it?  When you are on the unemployment line after customers jump ship to another carrier and mass layoffs occur, still same story?

Maybe we will all be lucky and they will be bought out by a carrier that has a clue. Cause Sprint is absolutely on the downslide.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.