cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G/4G LTE

Highlighted
Journeyman

4G/4G LTE

This is actually more of a statement than a question but I'm hoping that I can actually get a legitimate answer. I have been with Sprint for a little over 5 yrs now and over all they have been pretty good and when 4G started rolling out I was really excited. I live in Chicago where 4G is abundant but I don't plan on living here for the rest of my life, my husband and I are planning on moving to either Rockford, IL or Beloit WI. There is no 4G in any of those cities let alone 4G LTE and seeing how my contract is up Feburary 2013 I may switch over to Verizon if there isn't going to be any sort of 4G in those places by than. They have 4G LTE in both cities and with their new plans I can get unlimited talk, text and 10GB of data to share with up to 10 devices for $140/mo + tax and government charges. Plus when it comes to software upgrades they don't mess around! I have been trying to tweet Sprint about these things and no one seems to want to answer me at all, if Sprint really values their customers than I hope I will hear something soon.

Sincerely

Carmen Vega

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

Rockford, IL is part of the Chicago LTE rollout and tower equipment is already done on the outer parts of the market, including Rockford.  LTE is just not ready to be activated yet.  Sprint has promised LTE everywhere you get 3G now if I'm not mistaken, the smaller markets like WI will be waiting until mid-end 2013 or later though.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yea well they were "Suppose" to be part of the 4G roll out too but that never happened.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Very curious as to why this simple question has not been answered. With an increasingly outrageous number of customers dropping due to service, why not be just a little bit more transparent Sprint? please give us some sort of hope for staying with the company for so long, as opposed to feeling like an idiot when laughed at about our services problems by people with another service. It's silly. A lot of other areas are petty great, which is why we are here asking these simple questions. Another thing I do not get is why this failure to deliver service more prompt had not been turned into positive publicity? You mean to tell me there's not one upper management member of the entire sprint corporation that didn't push into action an app that updates all of us paying good money with live tower update info? it is not difficult to have a system setup like git hub for code. Changes are made on the server when uploaded, these changes now appear in the hub tree, and anyone can see what the changes were. The coverage tower map says things like data speed upgrade, and describes it as something along the lines of you "might" experience better speeds around this tower area. That's really lazy. Makes me wonder how accurate anything in the magical tower coverage map is.

All in all, Sprint, please step up your game again with customer service/satisfaction. Please don't let Verizon eat all the cdma pie up.

Thank you,

-Scott

Highlighted
Wizard

I'm so very sorry to see that we never responded to your original post.  Our vision upgrade plans can be seen one of 2 places for your upcomnig loctations.  Chicago specifically is a huge part of our network vision plan.  I know that we're upgrading over 1100 towers at that location over the course of the next 6 months and LTE is part of that plan.

http://network.sprint.com (To see planned upgrades in your area of all kinds)

http://www.sprint.com/lte (To Sign up for email updates for LTE plans in your area)

If your questions was specifically when 4G will be coming to your location, that should help to answer your question. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Hours: 9am-8pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Highlighted
Journeyman

Fergie_B wrote:

I'm so very sorry to see that we never responded to your original post.  Our vision upgrade plans can be seen one of 2 places for your upcomnig loctations.  Chicago specifically is a huge part of our network vision plan.  I know that we're upgrading over 1100 towers at that location over the course of the next 6 months and LTE is part of that plan.

http://network.sprint.com (To see planned upgrades in your area of all kinds)

http://www.sprint.com/lte (To Sign up for email updates for LTE plans in your area)

If your questions was specifically when 4G will be coming to your location, that should help to answer your question. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Fergie_B,

I respectfully suggest that you should go back and research what that first link actually covers.  It certainly does not cover "planned upgrades in your area of all kinds," but just the ongoing maintenance expansion of Sprint's legacy network.  This does not include the Network Vision project that includes LTE, because that project is a total rebuild of the entire network.  Virtually every existing Sprint tower's equipment and backhaul network are being replaced.  Even just looking at the numbers of "data speed upgrades" reported on that map for the prior 6 months and upcoming 6 months shows that you are wrong.  These numbers taken together are a tiny fraction of the total number of Sprint sites in the area.

Sprint does not publish detailed maps of the Network Vision upgrade project, which would entail mapping every Sprint tower.  Those seeking such information are best advised to explore the sponsor maps at S4GRU.com, which is unaffiliated with Sprint but which has excellent detailed project information:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/index

Highlighted
Wizard

JimmyOlsen,

Thank you for posting this information.  The reason I posted both sites was so that any customer can see planned upgrades including data upgrades (which could include EVDO or LTE depending on the market).  The second site will allow a customer to see updated plans for LTE markets as they are released to the press and will also allow the ability to sign up for email updates.  That being said, if I gave the impression that "data upgrades" meant "LTE upgrades" on that map, I apologize and I stand corrected.

Thank you for using the Sprint Community.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.