cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G...Am I doing something wrong?

Journeyman

While viewing the coverage map, I am in the dark blue and have been unable to, even once, experience 4G.  I also am in the orange for 3G, and have barely seen that option either.  I keep switching 4G on and off to "spark" it, but nothing seems to work.  I have an EVO Shift 4G.  Thanks in advance.  Also, how would I be able to approach Sprint about recieving an *Airave (spelling) free of charge?  The signal in my house is pretty bad.  Thanks Again!

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

also, I'm about 30 miles southwest of Chicago, IL if that helps...

Journeyman

anyone?

Journeyman

As for my experience the only thing you did wrong was to go with Sprint. My situation is similar, have never received what I pay (contract) for but Sprint has no concern as they still get my money. I have tried talking to Sprint in person, on phone etc. All I can say is they do not care.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I live 35 miles east of the NYC border and cannot access 4G even though I have been paying for it

for over a year.

I've been with Sprint since 2003 HOWEVER if by the time my contract ends in April 2012 I still cannot access 4G

I shall switch to another carrier.

Sprint's plan is great and I like my phone.

What I DON"T like is paying for something every month that I can't use.

Master

I am sorry for your frustration on not being able to get  4G have you checked to see if you are in 4G coverage.  With out an area code It is hard for me to check you r coverage area.  There is not extra fee for 4G service the Ten dollar premium data charge is for all smart phones due to the fact all smart phones 3 and 4G use alot more data than the feature phones. 

Journeyman

Sorry 'bout that!

My cell is 917 and my landline is 631.

I did look at the coverage map.

When I bought the cell I was told the $10 monthly fee was for the soon-to-be released 4G in my area.

Journeyman

Area code is 815...

This is beginning to frustrate this new Sprint customer...

I get next to nothing in ways of data,

Thank you for your response

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.