cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G IN COLUMBUS OHIO HOW IS EVERYONES SIGNAL?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello I have had my Evo since February and was excited to get it knowing that Sprint was to have 4G in Columbus. I was suprised to find out that where I live must be a deadzone. I live in the Obetz area. Well the other day I went a mile or so from my house to the local Dairy Queen and I decided to try the 4G signal at the drive through and to my amazement it was working about 8mgs down. I figured that since I only live a mile away but when I drove back to my house and stood in my driveway I could not get any 4G signal and it went back to 3G. My question is am I in a deadzone or do they have to turn on the signal a little stronger? It is kind of funny that Clearwire who is owned by Sprint keeps sending me things in the mail to sign up for their 4G service at my home when I can't even get a signal on my phone. Please someone Sprint or otherwise let me know whats going on in my neighborhood. Thanks.

Tags (5)
4 REPLIES 4
Sprint Employee

To get a better idea of where the 4g network is for Sprint, please visit the website www.sprint.com/coverage. When you go here please enter the address you want to check then you can click on the 4g tab. The description will state where the 4g is and if it is in buildings or on the street.

I hope this helps.

Journeyman

Hello I looked at my map and it says that I'm in light blue area which means I should have coverage outside right? Well I have stood on the middle of my street and in my driveway and I don't pick up any 4G signal at all. The phone antenna just says disconnected. I also know it isn't the phone as my wife has an Evo also and hers does the same thing.

Journeyman

I have had my EVO since last October. Was a Sprint store same months and was told by rep that Dec/Jan was target for 4G coverage in Columbus. My experience is much like your except Sprint map shows I should be getting coverage everywhere even in house. I live near Braod and Hamilton Rds. However coverage in this area is spotty at best. In house if I am very near north facing window I might get signal, maybe even 1 bar! However near south facing window, nada, nothing now way no how. What a joke. As we drive around Columbus you can go from no bars to maxed out @ 10mg down. Sprint map can show anything but real world results are not compatiable with Sprints map. When we go to Cincy to visit daughter they seem to have much better and more consent coverage that her is Columbus.Even in middle of there house I get 6-8 mg down!

I know what Sprint says about our extra fee (unlimited/EVO uses more data etc) but I feel it is for 4G, which we are not getting on a constent reliable bases.

Please, Sprint, resolve...

Journeyman

I live in between Alum Creek Drive and Groveport Road in Obetz and its weird when I drive down Groveport Road area near Dairy Queen i can pick up 4G but when I drive over to Alum Creek Mcdonalds and Wendys I lose it. I drive up towards Williams Road and I pick it up again. I live in this mile or two stretch where I don't get 4G EVEN standing in the road outside. I also noticed that Canal Winchester has gotten 4G and they are farther away from downtown then I live.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.