Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G LTE coming to CA?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

4G LTE coming to CA?

I Cant but help hearing that LTE is coming to the sprint network. Can anyone tell me when LTE will be in CALIFORNIA??... and is it true that a few markets will be available this first half of the year?. Will LTE be more available then the old wimax 4G! when clearwire deploys LTE next year,  will sprints phones of 2012 be compatible with their network.

wimax-vs-lte1.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Wizard

You're joking aren't you? Sprint has announced the first six markets to receive 4G LTE by mid-year: Atlanta, Baltimore, Dallas, Houston, Kansas City and San Antonio. Sprint claims by the end of 2013 to have LTE rolled out nationwide. If your phone isn't a LTE phone it will work, just on 3G service. For most of us we will be buying LTE phones with no LTE service. Just like Sprint did us when we all bought the Evo 4G. This will be paramount to Sprint selling us a Nascar but making us drive in a school zone! Thanks for all the unlimited slow data Sprint. Love you guys!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Wizard

You're joking aren't you? Sprint has announced the first six markets to receive 4G LTE by mid-year: Atlanta, Baltimore, Dallas, Houston, Kansas City and San Antonio. Sprint claims by the end of 2013 to have LTE rolled out nationwide. If your phone isn't a LTE phone it will work, just on 3G service. For most of us we will be buying LTE phones with no LTE service. Just like Sprint did us when we all bought the Evo 4G. This will be paramount to Sprint selling us a Nascar but making us drive in a school zone! Thanks for all the unlimited slow data Sprint. Love you guys!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

lmao and thats why i will be with verzion wireless in a month lol

Highlighted

nit3ghost,

Sorry but no offical word as of when the California market will be completing its network vision upgrade to LTE.  In reference to to comparision of LTE coverage to Wimax coverage, Sprints LTE coverage will far exceed it's previous Wimax coverage as it is encompassed into the entire network vison  $4B to $5B upgrade.

Thanks,

-Ron

Highlighted
GrandMaster

unfortunatley you'll have to upgrade to a LTE phone. your current phone and any that are currently available are NOT LTE capable. they dont have the right antenna for it. there are however 3 phones coming out soon that will support LTE.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.