Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G WiFi & 4G LTE

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

4G WiFi & 4G LTE

OK...it looks like SPRINT is dumping CLEAR & the 4G WiFi system to go with 4G LTE.  What does that do to all of the EVO's and other SPRINT 4G phones that have already been purchased and have waited (patiently I might add) for 4G to actually happen?  Do we get a free upgrade?  Do our phones get a "change" to accept LTE?  Somebody say something.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Journeyman

4G WiFi & 4G LTE

Sprint will continue to run their WiMax network for at least the next few years. Your WiMax devices will not be upgraded in anyway to be able to use 4GLTE, you will need to buy a completely new device in order to take advantage of LTE. Most likely you will not receive a free upgrade as Sprint is continuing to support their WiMax network.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

4G WiFi & 4G LTE

Sprint will continue to run their WiMax network for at least the next few years. Your WiMax devices will not be upgraded in anyway to be able to use 4GLTE, you will need to buy a completely new device in order to take advantage of LTE. Most likely you will not receive a free upgrade as Sprint is continuing to support their WiMax network.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

4G WiFi & 4G LTE

Correct - you will continue to be able to use your phone just as you do today until you want to replace it with a new phone.

New phones starting this year will support the new LTE network.

You will continue to be eligible for a upgrade every 20 months -- see Sprint's New for Your program for details.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.