cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G in Southern Cal (San Diego)

Journeyman

I have Verizon 4G service in San Diego and I gotta say Im very satisfied with the Speeds!! I get 15 Mbps down and approx 10-15 Upload speeds on a constant basis...in other words it blows Sprint out of the water in terms of speed. I will post a scrren shot of my speedtests if anyone doubts.

Journeyman

Just tested 4G in downtown San Diego (in Cortez Hill), and got a signal. Only had 0-1 bar, but got 2.9Mbps down, 500Kbps up. So not really better than 3G, but at least the phone picked up 4G in downtown.

Journeyman

I too live in Escondido. When I am watching my Slingbox Pro-HD, I can actually watch it in 720p (was only smooth at 640x240 before) now and sustaining at least 2.5 with burst up to 6-8. Awesome!

Journeyman

Larry, I beg to differ. My husband got his Samsung Epic 4g on Jan 23 of this year, and his is the only line paying for Premium Data. My daughter, who also got a new, NON-4G smartphone at the same time, is NOT paying the $10 fee.

So the fact *still* remains - we are paying for a service we DO NOT GET, although reading the posts, it seems like it's getting around more. Doubt it will ever come to Santee though... 

Journeyman

Re: 4G in Southern Cal (San Diego)

Please pay attention to the details of my post! I clearly said that any smartphone (whether 3G or 4G) activated AFTER Februray 1st is subject to the $10 data fee.  Jan. 23 is BEFORE February 1st.  There is no $10 data fee that's exclusive to 4G phones ANYMORE.  So if you were to downgrade to a 3G smartphone tomorrow you would still have to pay the same $10 fee. 

Wizard

I wonder when they are going to get 4G in Oceanside? Could they be any slower?

Journeyman

LarryT510 is a worker-dummy-forum-maggot..its been 2 years since ive been told 4G would come to San Diego, and nothing.  Ive heard Larry lies on these forums and others for years.  Go sit and spin on a 3G 1 meg per second slowest in the industry tower Larry.  Also Sprint cant send or receive messages over 500k so i regularly receive texts that are too big for my device..which is an Epic4G...lol  Sprint has failed on a full business scale in my eyes..now having the slowest 3G and 4G and when they "fix it" with Lightsquared all of our phones will be bricks...thanks Larry...any more insight. Lolz.

Journeyman

KEVP913 wrote:

Just tested 4G in downtown San Diego (in Cortez Hill), and got a signal. Only had 0-1 bar, but got 2.9Mbps down, 500Kbps up. So not really better than 3G, but at least the phone picked up 4G in downtown.

By my estimation, that's roughly three times faster than most Sprint 3G speeds.  Three times faster is a huge improvement!  However, for most Sprint 3G users speeds have really dropped to more like 400k to 600k.  This makes a 3 mb 4G signal six times faster than the average Sprint 4G user.  I will take some of that action!

Journeyman

Sprints 4g is spotty and works well in small areas that are officially rolled out nmherron.  San Diegos 4G is unusable even where it can be picked up for a second because the towers Sprint has"running" are at about 10% capacity and are only barely functioning so they dont lose their rights to the area. Give us wimax 4g asap and go wimax 2 please!  And if i see another employee damage prevention post im gonna puke!

Journeyman

Understood and agreed!  Just wanted to make the point that 3 megs is far above 3G speeds for Sprint.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.