cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G in Wisconsin.. some coverage?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Looking at the 4G map at http://www.clear.com/coverage it appears there is some 4G signal on the SE side of Madison, as well as in Fond du Lac and Appleton.  Nothing in the Milwaukee area yet.

I'm in Milwaukee..  anyone in those cities getting signal?

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Journeyman

No 4G coverage on my Samsung Epic Galaxy yet here in Milwaukee. Getting frustrated with lack of an answer as far as when 4G is coming to Milwaukee. The sales guy told me it would be here by 2011 and still nothing. Im paying for it so.....yea. Hope to here a date sometime soon. wish i could help but just sharing your frustration and waiting.

Highlighted
Wizard

Hello from Madison!!

My friends and I have been trying to test the 4G in Madison with no luck.

Only one of us was able to pick up a weak 4G signal in Middleton (Madison West Side)

MM

Highlighted
Journeyman

Two points in Milwaukee that I know of have sparatic 4g.  I beleive there is a tower around 9th and Layton.  Can someone confirm that location?  

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think you are right.  I drove there tonight and got a full strength 4G signal that was listed as Sprint for the provider. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am curious as well. I live in Madison and have noticed that tiny sliver of 4G on the west side(Seems to be around the mall) and have been curious when that is going to grow.

May we have an update Sprint?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Was checking out if there was any plans for Madison and came across this thread.  Stumbled onto a Clear coverage map and Madison is pretty "green".  The Clear page won't admit to coverage anywhere that I tried though.  I work near East Towne Mall and so I checked it out on the way home today.  Got 4g on Thompson Drive.  Ran a speed test in the Cub Foods parking lot and got like 2960 down and 960 up (round numbers).  Waiting in line  I got over 5000 down and still around 960 up!  Sadly, about a quarter mile from Cub it dropped off.  I have never been able to find any kind of official notification of plans for Madison.  Maybe they're in the middle of deloyment?

Highlighted
Wizard

STEVEWEAR7 wrote:

Was checking out if there was any plans for Madison and came across this thread.  Stumbled onto a Clear coverage map and Madison is pretty "green".  The Clear page won't admit to coverage anywhere that I tried though.  I work near East Towne Mall and so I checked it out on the way home today.  Got 4g on Thompson Drive.  Ran a speed test in the Cub Foods parking lot and got like 2960 down and 960 up (round numbers).  Waiting in line  I got over 5000 down and still around 960 up!  Sadly, about a quarter mile from Cub it dropped off.  I have never been able to find any kind of official notification of plans for Madison.  Maybe they're in the middle of deloyment?

I can pick up 4G on east side also, new Woodman's east for the past 2 days.

I leave on near east, I can see the green all over Madison today (Clear web site) but cannot pick up 4G near downtown.

We will see!!!

MM

Highlighted
Journeyman

Mapped what I could on Sensorly. There is a pretty good range on that tower by Thompson Dr.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sensorly popped up an area around the 151 / 94 interchange near East Towne. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was at Miller Park today in the Club Level, section 322 and had a weak 4g signal.

Highlighted
Wizard

I am so so so sick of Clear/Sprint teasing us in WI.

Can't they just turn the 4G on???

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.