cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60463 Texts delayed for 6 or more hours, phone calls not received

Highlighted
Journeyman

60463 Texts delayed for 6 or more hours, phone calls not received

What's up with the Sprint service in the 60463, 60803 Alsip - Palos Heights area.  Text messages are delayed for 6 hours or more.  Phone calls not

received.  Problem in the house and outside.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Journeyman

Rita-Alsip wrote:

What's up with the Sprint service in the 60463, 60803 Alsip - Palos Heights area.  Text messages are delayed for 6 hours or more.  Phone calls not

received.  Problem in the house and outside.

Have been having issues for well over a week now. Sprint says due to Network Vision updates to the towers and hopefully will be resolved by the end of this weekend (8/05/12)

when you are not connecting  call your voice mail to receive the SMS  text messages that are hanging out there in limbo.

Tonight after the storms the tower on the water tower went down due to power outages (I am assuming) and I was roming  on US Cellular and surprise, Text and calls coming in no problem lol.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Pretty much sums it up . Me in blue, red cell towers and green the tower I am connected to sprint 080412.jpg

Highlighted
Journeyman

Since mid-July (2012), some Picture Messaging has not come through.

Texts are randomly received - from instantly to 6-18 HOURS later.

Sometimes the 'texts on stall' have come through during a separate phone

call, or when entering different tower areas - like on the interstate....hours later.

Cleared the Messaging Box of all old texts, removed & cleaned battery,

no apps downloaded recently, lots of 'roaming' and 'not in service area' messages

appear on phone even while at home - where the signal has worked since 1996!

It happens to our 2 Sprint cell phones....and have heard the same from four other Sprint friends, as well.

The problem occurs when messages are received from other Sprint customers, as well as from other carriers.

Missing calls & texts have caused quite a bit of confusion and frustration. Reliabiltiy is key in commmunications.

Hope the 'Network Vision updating' (that others have spoken of) is the issue at hand...and is easily and SOON resolved.

(60805 zip)

Highlighted
Journeyman

what app are u using? I like to know where my nearest tower. thanks

Highlighted
Journeyman

samsungkorea wrote:

what app are u using? I like to know where my nearest tower. thanks

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.parizene.netmonitor&feature=search_result#?t=W251b...

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.