cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

75230-ISSUES with TEXTING sending and receiving, MAKING CALLS and receiving calls, Voicemails but SHOWS 4-5 bars of service and 3G service.

Highlighted
Journeyman

75230-ISSUES with TEXTING sending and receiving, MAKING CALLS and receiving calls, Voicemails but SHOWS 4-5 bars of service and 3G service.

Is this more of a concern with the phone, is anyone else experieincing this same issue?  Does anyone else show full service but having the same issues or is everyone experiencing these issues but also show no service?

Thanks for any help you can provide

7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: 75230-ISSUES with TEXTING sending and receiving, MAKING CALLS and receiving calls, Voicemails but SHOWS 4-5 bars of service and 3G service.

the bad news is I just moved here, so I'm not sure if it's a permanent thing or due to the towers having issues that it's temporary.

please sprint shed some light on this, I've been up to the service center 4 times and have not gotten a full answer.

Journeyman

Re: 75230-ISSUES with TEXTING sending and receiving, MAKING CALLS and receiving calls, Voicemails but SHOWS 4-5 bars of service and 3G service.

I'm so tired of Sprint. Awful customer service, and they keep raising rates without notifying me.

Journeyman

I hear ya, I've been with them since 1999 but think I will switch if I go another week with this horrible connection.  I just can't survive due to it being work related.

Journeyman

I live in western new york and my husband and I both have LG vipers, as we literally JUST got with sprint about 5 days ago... His viper works great at the moment, while mine is showing full bars but will not call out or send/recieve texts...  If it was a tower issue, my husbands phone wouldn't be working either... I need to know whats going on because my boss needs to be able to get ahold of me...

Journeyman

Did your issues ever get resolved? This happened to my husband went he went out of town this week.  His phone worked fine for the first day, on the second day, we were on the phone and his phone dropped the call, and then would not send or receive text messages or phone calls at all after that. We called Sprint, went through an hour long barage of reprogramming attempts after being told all of the towers in his area were up and running with strong signals, that it wasn't a signal issue. The tech was very helpful and really tried everything. But, in the end, we went to bed without ever still resolving the issue. Sprint issued a work order and told him to take it to a Sprint store today, that it might be a device issue. 

The manual reprogramming steps Sprint had us do are:

##390421#

"Edit" mode

Mdn: (your 10 digit number with no dashes or spaces)

MSID: 2095180001 (this was the same number as above, the tech said it should never be the same number, it should be a programmed number)

"OK"

Menu, accept modifications, then wait for phone to reboot and go throught he "activation" procress

then go to Menu, setting, System Updates, Update Profile.

He still got an error code 10-12 saying that activation could not be completed and the phone still didnt work.

When he woke up this morning, it was working normally again.  Then, he drove 10 miles away to his class, and now it isnt working again. 

Either way, as an FYI, he can still use the internet both on 3g and Wi-Fi, and we were able to talk using the Google+ "Hangout" video calls.

Journeyman

Nnow they(sprint) knows what the problem is, why cant they stop giving customers the run-around they know having us reset our phone, take it to sprint store moniter when texts are sent and when they coming through, they know everything they feeding us isnt going to help. Thats fine, give us at least 1/2 of what we pay each month for each of the months that we have been complaining of this. They told me 2 months ago we cannot credit your account until the upgrades are done, then tonight I was told they could give me $25 credit for this month but they cannnot credit me for previous months, well wth did ya tell me you would credit me for the entire time period if you know you cant do it,  Then what really bothers me is hearing from other customers they been calling each month and they have been getting $50 plus credit each month. If I wouldve known I needed to call every month and not get off the phone until I got a good credit, I would have kept pushing it,  We have been loyal customers since 2002 and all they can offer is $25 for a $200 bill, They need to get all their employee;s on the same page this is getting old.

Journeyman

This is bad advice. He/she may need to dial ##72786# or *#*#72786#*#* to reset the profile. For this he/she will need to call Sprint and ask for his MSL or connect to WiFi and download MSL Reader from Google Play.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.