cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

94507 Is your Photon 4G or other phone useless?

Highlighted
Journeyman

94507 Is your Photon 4G or other phone useless?

Phone was inspected and verified to be working by Sprint Tech at Sprint store on September 6 at aprox. 2:20 pm.  Every single call drops after aprox. 15 seconds.  3G indicator on phone flashes on and off.  Web pages take 2-3 minutes to load.  Email does not push, email access is extremely intermittant.  Problem ongoing and worsening over last 10 days.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: 94507 Is your Photon 4G or other phone useless?

nocancall,

I am sorry to hear that you are having these issues with your phone. Based on the zip code you provided, there is currently no ongoing tower maintenance, seems that everythere was completed 9/4/2012. If you could give me two major cross streets, I would be more than happy to take a more in depth look. Thanks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Cross streets include:

Interstate 680/Stone Valley Road

Interstate 680/El Pintado Road

Interstate 680/Livorna Road

Highlighted
Wizard

Thanks for the prompt response. After viewing the towers in the area, I am not showing any sort of network related issues. Is this the only phone on your account? If no, are the others having the same problem?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, only one phone.  However if you search this board, you will find many many users with similar problems in the San Ramon/Danville/Alamo area.  I have seen reports of issues in Dublin, CA as well, but I can't attest to those personally.

Highlighted
Wizard

If you would, please send me a PM with your physical address and maybe we can get a ticket created for the issue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Your issues are due to Network Vision upgrades by Sprint's Network Vision Partner and OEM Samsung.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It does appear that the problems in this area are being noticed by quite a few folks.  I'm continuing to have trouble in specific places.  Voice functionality is really bad, data a little less so.  I've had fewer problems in Walnut Creek but the data rate seems to be much slower.  I guess you can't have it all...or at times you can't even have any of it!

Wizard

Based on the zip code provided, we are not showing any Network Vision updates in his area.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.