cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AT&T's response: "X and V" Commercial

AT&T's response: "X and V" Commercial

When your hit that hard, well, wouldn't you hit back?

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: AT&T's response: "X and V" Commercial

OMG they put that dork in the ad.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Well, I guess I can't feel as bad about Sprint's advertising after seeing that.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am glad this war is between those two currently and doesn't involve Sprint yet.  Nobody even wants to mention Sprint because they can't compete against them when you talk about bang for your buck.

Highlighted
Journeyman

wengla02 wrote:

Well, I guess I can't feel as bad about Sprint's advertising after seeing that.

That is the way I feel.  ATT has a new one out and I think it may be even worse than the first one they did.

Highlighted
Journeyman

fivegear wrote:

I am glad this war is between those two currently and doesn't involve Sprint yet.  Nobody even wants to mention Sprint because they can't compete against them when you talk about bang for your buck.

Could it be that AT&T and Verizon both have around 80 million customers each when Sprint has less than 50? More bang for the buck in advertisements when you attack the other major carrier. Look at it this way they are reaching out to 30 million people that they would miss out on if they compared anything with Sprint.

Highlighted

This war now involves Sprint. With Verizon bitching about how Sprint is wrong, in claiming that we have the most dependable network.

Highlighted
Journeyman

all they can talk about is the networks and nothing else. verizon lies about their coverage and att has horrible service. I have been on verizon and trust me they do have dead spots. I know people who have att where I live and the service sucks. If one of them lowered their prices then we would see a real battle between sprint att and verizon

Highlighted
Journeyman

All carriers have dead spots.  It is just some carriers have more than others.  If roaming worked the way it is suppose to coverage on Sprint would be great.  Unfortunately the phones aren't smart enough to determine when a Sprint signal in unusable.  That is causing a lot of issues for me when I travel and I'm thinking of going to an older phone and putting my new phone in a drawer.  Of course finding a rugged phone with the roam only option isn't easy.  That alone may force me to pay the ETF and go to another carrier.  I need a more dependable network than Sprint can provide in the areas I travel.

I never realized how much I used roaming until the roaming only option was gone and I was stuck bouncing between Sprint and roaming.  Sprint signal was way to weak to do anything with so Sprint only option would do nothing to fix the issue.

Message was edited by: macuser09

Highlighted
Journeyman

macuser09 wrote:

All carriers have dead spots.  It is just some carriers have more than others.  If roaming worked the way it is suppose to coverage on Sprint would be great.  Unfortunately the phones aren't smart enough to determine when a Sprint signal in unusable.  That is causing a lot of issues for me when I travel and I'm thinking of going to an older phone and putting my new phone in a drawer.  Of course finding a rugged phone with the roam only option isn't easy.  That alone may force me to pay the ETF and go to another carrier.  I need a more dependable network than Sprint can provide in the areas I travel.

I never realized how much I used roaming until the roaming only option was gone and I was stuck bouncing between Sprint and roaming.  Sprint signal was way to weak to do anything with so Sprint only option would do nothing to fix the issue.

Message was edited by: macuser09

Or if you have QPST (and MSL) you can get your existing PRL and edit it as you wish and re-upload it to your phone. I tried it once that I made the SID of Verizon/Boston, MA be above the Sprint SID in Boston, MA. I then roamed first, as Verizon had priority. I would like to find a way to change the switch point like you say. Maybe one day I will see if there is a setting and mess with it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Notice that the phone compitition is heating up. You can see this with the verizon and att ads, while sprint and tmobile are just sitting and watching them. Well let me tell you the truth about those 2 companies, and i am sure you can agree with me or not.

1. ATT claims that you can surf the net while talking on the phone. Yes you can, but they they fail to tell you that it is on the Iphone that you can do this with. What else they dont tell you is that when you switch between applications while on a call, it puts the call on hold while you "surf the net". This feature is on every phone out there, reason why you can still get text messages while your on a voice call. There 3g does not cover every area, as verizon does. Hot springs, just got 3g this year, consider that att and Cingular was the major market place there for nearly 10 years and now they have 3g. Slackers...

2. ATT Claims they have the most dependible 3g coverage area.
That is if your in a major market city, not in the rural areas where it is cover by the edge network. Belive it or not, verzion has more coverage and dependable in all its area. Its eather 3g or nothen. Period.

3. ATT claims they have the most smart phones.
Well yea, consider at one time they was the biggest celluar company and phone makers love to have a exclusive phone for them. Thus the Iphone. Contracts people!!

4. Verizon has the best rate plan. They have the better indivdual plan, but lack the best plan for family. ATT got them beat on that, but still pricey for both companies, consider that with sprint and Tmobile you can have a line for around 40 bucks a phone and its unlimited voice, txt and web. ATT charges around 200 plus for this feature, along with verizon.

5. Droid is the "Iphone killer"
Alot of people think the iphone is a phone that nobody cant beat. Well everybody wants something that the iphone can do, than thats where the Droid comes in. Remember the Iphone could not Do MMS. Kinda the biggest stupid thing they took out. Personaly, we use Iphones at work, (not by choice) as i hate it. Got to scroll through alot of apps to make a phone call, rather than just hit the call button on the droid and dial away.

6. ATT has more apps. Again, what they fail to mention is that this is for the IPHONE! How stupid do they think we really are? Google OS on the phones are far better and have alot more free apps and growing by the day. Remember the Iphone software was out nearly 2-3 years before the Google OS came along and took there thunder. I miss my G1 so bad..

Now here is some food for thought and price comparison.
Sprint unlimited everything plan, Includes minuts, text, web, ect.. Around 100 bucks a month.
Sprint everything mobile with 450 min including unlimited web, text, 60 a month. THIS covers EVERY cellphone call u make to ANY provider. I have this and love it! Never use the 450 unless to call home. (personal Blackberry)
Verizon starts around 140 a month.
Cingular starts around the 130 a month
Tmobile starts around 50 a month.

Please post your comments about these results I came across. ATT just needs to learn that there is bigger players out there, and they arent the dominate company anymore. I hope Apple opens up the iphone to other providers just to shut up ATT.

Highlighted
Journeyman

gzowner:

I'll agree with you that overall ATT has a poor network, and overall Verizon has a fairly good network. But why are you busting ATT's chops so hard?

Verizon started it all. Verizon is the most arrogant, highly aggressive wireless provider in the United States. ATT recently has merely been REACTING to Verizon's attacks. Verizon is ALWAYS the perpretator, the one who goes for the jugular first, the one that slings FUD (fear, uncertainty, doubt) all over the airwaves. The other carriers are merely trying to counter Verizon's initial attacks.

I don't care for ATT, and as a former customer of ATT Wireless I would NEVER use their wireless service again, because it is an antiquated, steaming pile of crap. But in response to your posting, I have to come to ATT's defense.

Verizon is the bully wireless carrier this country. Can't argue with their smart and effective investment in their network, they did a good job there. But Verizon is fundamentally a sleaze-bag of a company, they stop at absolutely nothing to promote themselves and slam the competition. For that reason, I won't do business with Verizon unless I have absolutely no other choice.

As bad as Sprint-Nextel is with customer service, and as bad as it is that they are not investing in their voice & PTT networks at all these days, I'd rather deal with Sprint-Nextel's incompetence than have to deal with ATT's nearly unesable network, or give my financial support to Verizon's underhanded business tactics.

If you really want to get to the heart of the matter, look no farther than Verizon. Because in a nutshell, Verizon cheats by lying and slinging mud & FUD, and the competition has to be allowed to defend itself, even if that includes going on the offensive against Verizon to try to beat them at their own game. Verizon started the underhanded, childish advertising tactics. If Verizon can't stand the heat, they should get out of the kitchen.

Verizon is a well-oiled machine, but it is also a chicken5#!+ one.

Just my take on it.

- Nxtl4me

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.