cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I ever going to see 4G in Hill Country Texas?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Am I ever going to see 4G in Hill Country Texas? Or am I going to just have to bite the bullet and move to Austin, the closest 4G hub in my area.

I live in Fredericksburg, Texas, but Internet wise, I might as well be living on the far side of the moon.

3 REPLIES 3
Master

I went to clear.com/coverage - Clear is the actual carrier that Sprint's 4G goes through , and they do not have anything being built out in your area. There is also a mobile app from Sensorly to see where 4G is but I have seen errors with their database.  Rural areas are behind in upgrades but you can keep checking on it through the clear website.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Journeyman

Re: Am I ever going to see 4G in Hill Country Texas?

That's all good and fine, but it still doesn't give me a time frame as to when I might see 4G in my lifetime in Fredericksburg, Texas.

I have recently learned about a new tower going up in nearby Kerrville, which Sprint erected to protect it's licence in the area, so that it meets FCC's 30% population coverage rule, but even that tower is over 25 miles away and is barely able to cover the centre of Kerrville, as is.

So my only options are to move to where I can get Time Warner Cable, or hope that LightSquared's satellite network won't price gouge me like WildBlue or Hughesnet.

Master

Re: Am I ever going to see 4G in Hill Country Texas?

Sprint has signed an agreement with LightSquared and I am sure Dan Hesse will be divulging future network strategies but right now the T-mobile ~AT&T deal block is taking all his time and resources. Things are in turmoil right now - doesn't help you but there isn't a prediction that would be fair until more information is available.

Larry

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.