cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody hear about 4G LTE in Chicago yet?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Anybody hear about 4G LTE in Chicago yet?

Did anybody hear or get any 4G LTE coverage in the Chicago area (besides the Waukegan area)? Send a reply if you hear any additional news?

64 REPLIES 64
Highlighted
GrandMaster

for those that ARE getting LTE..snap out a speedtest and then post a pic of what you got. nothing like having a visual

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

IMG_0046.PNG

This is by I-55 And Cicero Ave

Highlighted
Journeyman

Where in the south suburbs? I live in Oak Forest and 3g is garbage.. Plus I get crappy service in the heart of the city...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yesterday i had to restart my Galaxy s3 and when i booted back up i saw the greatest thing ever.... 4G. I did a speed test by 83 and northwest highway in mount prospect and 31mbps download and 13mbps up. the absolute best i ever got from at&t was 19mbps. so happy i switched

Highlighted
Patron

So apparently it's starting to work in the burbs and in places far from downtown... I'm trying to be patient but it's very frustrating... I need LTE downtown and in the Hyde Park area ASAP since the GS3 only has 3G until LTE is FULLY functioning...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Look on w 25 th st and s Laramie st, Cicero

Highlighted
Journeyman

LTE is live in downtown Chicago, at least where I'm at.  The LTE indicator flashed on and off a little last night, then after midnight it was steady.  I woke up this morning and it still says LTE. Yay!  I'm located in the West Loop, near Jackson and Clinton, Union Station area.

Highlighted
Patron

YAY!!  I turned off my WiFi and 4G is up and running through "certain" parts of my house!  That's a start!  I hope I have a good 4G signal in the loop when I'm at work...  I'll know Monday!  *crossing fingers*

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was in Mokena the other day on Lagrange/Laporte I had full LTE coverage for about 15 minutes and i was running speeds above 15mbit. It was incredible. I happened to run a facetime on my iphone5 when i had it, calling someone that was on wifi and I had full FPS and no lag while doing it. AMAZING... but now it's gone. It seems like they are now in testing stages. I live in Oak Forest and i see it pop in and out sometimes on my iphone but It's not solid yet. (South Suburbs)

Highlighted
Journeyman

i finally got LTE here in Oak Lawn...very low signal..like 1-0 bars.

I test it out and i get about 4-5 mb down and 3-4 up.

Hopefully this is just a test and we get a better signal.

Also at work, in Bedford Park, there is no LTE signal yet.

Is there a map or website that can tell us where there is LTE signal?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nothing in River North or Wicker Park. 

Just bought a Galaxy Nexus two days ago - and had been holding out from upgrading from my old 4G WiMax Evo for the past five months (even though I was eligible) because the network wasn't up.  Decided to finally just go ahead and get the upgrade in hopes we'd be seeing something soon...

Highlighted
Journeyman

By Harlem and north ave

photo.PNG

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.