cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody hear about 4G LTE in Chicago yet?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Anybody hear about 4G LTE in Chicago yet?

Did anybody hear or get any 4G LTE coverage in the Chicago area (besides the Waukegan area)? Send a reply if you hear any additional news?

64 REPLIES 64
Highlighted
Journeyman

i live on 153 and cicero and lte is on here since yesterday also where i work 44 and pulaski but when i go inside the building the signal fades once outside the signal is back on

Highlighted
Patron

I'm still not able to get a good signal downtown and I've been up and down Wabash and State Street from Wacker Dr to Monroe...  *grrr*

Highlighted
Journeyman

Heck yeah. 159th and Harlem at Applebee's. holy cow this is faster than my home Comcast connection.

Highlighted
Journeyman

There's LTE in Wrigleyville! It's not the 27 Mbps others are seeing, more like 10, but it's still wayyyyy faster than the 300 kbps I usually get!  Can't wait for this to roll out everywhere! Go Sprint! The little engine that could.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Got it briefly while going north on Ashland between Ogden and the Green Line stop on Lake Ave. Blazing fast.  Nothing the rest of the way for me up to Fullerton.

EDIT: Later this afternoon, I got an LTE signal near the Elston Target (near Elston, Western and Diversey intersection) and it stayed with me as I drove down Elston to Elston/Damen/Fullerton intersection, got onto 90/94 there and continued through the North Ave exit.  Lost it as soon as I got onto North Ave.  Here's the path described where I had it: http://goo.gl/maps/6TyHH

Highlighted
Journeyman

Any Reports about NW indiana??? Come on Illinois Guys I know you come  over here to get Cigs, and Cheaper Gas :}

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does anyone know if the Galaxy S3 shows 4G LTE or just 4G on the screen when connected to LTE? I live in the south suburbs outside of Chicago, and ocasionally I will see 4G in place of 3G on my phone.

Highlighted
Wizard

If it's showing 4G on your phone, it's LTE since the S3 can not use WiMax 4G.  Glad to hear you're starting to see it!

*David

Highlighted
Journeyman

That's what I figured, but thanks for confirming it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

im on the southside getting strong 4g oveer here especially for the fact i live 2 minutes away from a tower

Highlighted
Journeyman
Highlighted
Journeyman

arlington heights/schaumburg gets 4g signal. its solid by woodfield.

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.